June 1, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Kentucky vs. Kansas
June 1, 2014 -- Louisville, Ky.
Jim Patterson Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- UK improved to 14-15 all-time in the NCAA tournament.
- UK is 1-1 vs. Kansas all-time, with both meetings coming in the 2014 NCAA tournament.
- UK moved to 8-3 in neutral site games.
- UK is 5-6 on Sundays and 10-7 in May.
- Kentucky moved to 6-3 in its all-grey uniform combination.
- UK is now 23-17 in day games.
- Kentucky produced double-digit hits for the 32nd time this season.
- UK turned its 59th double play of 2014.
- Kentucky is 25-18 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 25-8 when scoring first.
- Kentucky will face Louisville at 4:20 p.m. ET.
- Freshman RHP Zack Brown made his fifth start of 2014.
- Brown tossed a career high five innings, allowing six hits, four runs and one walk, while striking out three.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed made his team-leading 116th consecutive start.
- Reed hit his third and fourth sacrifice flies of the year, giving him 73 RBI for the season.
- Reed collected his team-leading 21st multi-RBI game of 2014.
- Reed was hit by a pitch for the 14th time this season, the 26th time of his career.
- Senior SS Matt Reida played in his 213th career game, starting in 198 of them.
- Reida collected his 12th two-out hit.
- Reida was hit by a pitch for the seventh time this year.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn hit his second career triple, the first of 2014.
- Kuhn picked up his team-leading 23rd multi-hit game and his 17th multi-RBI game.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 106 of his 114 career starts, including 18 straight.
- Kuhn collected his 32nd two-strike hit.
- Junior CF Austin Cousino reached on his fourth bunt single of 2014.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 161 of 178 career games, including 12 consecutive.
- Cousino collected his 22nd multi-hit game of the year, including his eighth three-hit game.
- Cousino has a hit in 11 of his last 12 games.
- Cousino stole two bases, giving him a team-high 19 on the year.
- Cousino picked up his third two-steal game of the season.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has inked a hit in eight straight games.
- Thomas had multiple hits for the 19th time this season.
- Thomas smacked his 11th double of the year, the 17th of his career.
- Thomas collected his 26th and 27th two-out hits of 2014.
- Thomas plated his fourth three-hit game of the year.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom stole a base for the 14th time this season.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby reached on a bunt single in the fourth inning.
- Sophomore reliever Taylor Martin made his 12th appearance of 2014.
- Martin inherited three runners, giving him a total of five for the season.
- Martin worked a career high three innings, allowing two hits, two runs and one walk.