May 24, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Kentucky vs. Florida
May 24, 2014 -- Hoover, Ala.
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky played in its second SEC semifinal, with the first appearance coming in 2012.
- Florida leads the all-time series 134-62-1.
- Kentucky won three of five games in 2014.
- Kentucky has a record of 7-4 vs. teams in the top 10 and 11-9 vs. ranked opponents.
- UK moved to 21-30 all-time in the SEC tournament.
- UK fell to 6-2 in neutral site games.
- UK is 9-6 on Fridays and 8-6 in May.
- Kentucky improved to 11-4 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK is now 21-16 in day games.
- Kentucky has hit an SEC-leading 161 two-out RBI in 2014.
- Kentucky is 23-16 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 24-8 when scoring first.
- Kentucky will await its destination for the NCAA tournament with the selection show airing Monday at noon ET on ESPN.
- Freshman southpaw Logan Salow made the first start of his career.
- Salow made his 22nd appearance of 2014.
- Salow tossed 2.1 innings, allowing two runs, walking one and striking out one.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed made his team-leading 113th consecutive start.
- Reed made his first start at first base since April 1 vs. Louisville.
- Reed has reached base safely in 54 of 58 games in 2014, including a team-high 29 straight.
- Reed collected his SEC-leading 47th walk.
- Reed wore his 13th hit by pitch of 2014.
- Sophomore LF Ka’ai Tom picked up his 27th two-out hit and his 17th two-out RBI of 2014.
- Tom inked his 18th multi-hit game of 2014.
- Senior SS Matt Reida played in his 209th career game, starting 194 of them.
- Reida moved to second base in the ninth inning, marking his first appearance there since 2011.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn hit his 17th and 18th doubles of 2014, giving him 27 for his career.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 103 of his 111 career starts, including 15 straight.
- Kuhn picked up his team-leading 21st multi-hit game.
- Kuhn had multiple RBI for 16th time of 2014.
- Kuhn collected his 29th two-out hit and 26th two-out RBI.
- Kuhn drew his 41st walk of the season.
- Junior CF Austin Cousino had multiple RBI for the ninth time this season.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 158 of 175 career games, including nine consecutive.
- Cousino hung his team-leading fourth sacrifice fly.
- Cousino picked up his 22nd two-out hit and 17th two-out RBI of 2014.
- Cousino stole a base for the 17th time this season, the 46th of his career.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has inked a hit in five straight games.
- Thomas caught a runner stealing for the 15th time this year, his third of the SEC tournament.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett made his first start since April 25 vs. Ole Miss.
- It marks Barrett’s first start as a designated hitter in 2014, the third of his career.
- Barrett collected his sixth double of the season.
- Barrett was hit by a pitch for the third time this year.
- Sophomore Zach Arnold laid down his first sacrifice bunt of the season.
- Sophomore reliever Taylor Martin made his 11th appearance of the season.
- Martin inherited his second runner of 2014, not allowing him to score.
- Martin worked 2.1 innings, walking two and striking out three.
- Martin’s 2.1 innings equals a season-high.
- Junior Andrew Nelson made his 18th appearance of the season, the eighth in relief.
- Nelson inherited two runners, giving him a total of five for 2014.
- Junior Chandler Shepherd made his 14th appearance of 2014, the fifth in relief.
- Shepherd inherited his 10th runner of the season.
- Shepherd picked off a runner for the second time this year.
- Shepherd worked 2.2. innings, allowing one run and one walk, while striking out one.