May 16, 2013
GAME NOTES: This marked just the third unranked opponent UK has faced in its last 17 games ... This is UK’s first SEC series against an unranked team since facing Tennessee April 12-14 ... UK and Missouri met for the first time since 1984 and just the second time in series history, with the series now even 1-1 ... UK drops to 3-6 in its all grey uniform combination ... UK is now 7-10 on the road in 2013 and 4-9 on the road in the SEC ... UK drops to 19-15 against right-handed starting pitching ... UK is now 6-7 on Fridays ... UK is now 3-6 in May ... UK drops to 8-11 in night games ... UK falls to 8-14 when its opponent scores first.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-leading 118th consecutive start.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed made his team-high 14th start on the mound in 2013.
- Reed was hit by his eighth pitch of 2013.
- Reed equaled his shortest outing of the year, also tossing 4.1 innings vs. Kansas State on Feb. 21.
- Junior Paul McConkey made his first start since May 4 vs. No. 15 Arkansas.
- McConkey recorded his third two-out hit and his first two-out RBI of the year.
- Senior Zac Zellers was hit by his 11th pitch of the year.
- It was Zellers’ 32nd career HBP.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino notched his 15th two-out hit of the year and the 33rd of his two-year career.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett extended his hitting streak to a club-best 16 games, the longest streak for UK in 2013.
- It is UK’s longest streak since Reed had a 16-game hit streak in 2012.
- Sophomore Chandler Shepherd appearing in his 24th game of the year.
- Shepherd retired all 11 hitters he faced in his longest outing since April 13.
- Freshman catcher Zach Arnold appeared in his eighth game of 2013 and his third SEC game.
- Junior shortstop Matt Reida extended his hitting streak to a career-long eight games.