May 15, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Kentucky at Georgia
May 15, 2014 -- Athens, Ga.
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky clinches a berth in next week’s SEC tournament for the third consecutive season.
- Kentucky improves to 31-21, 13-15 SEC. Georgia drops to 25-27-1, 10-17-1 SEC.
- Georgia leads the all-time series 127-91-1, including a 65-35 record in Athens.
- UK is 9-5 on Fridays and 4-4 in May.
- Kentucky moves to 5-3 in its blue and grey uniform combination.
- UK is now 12-7 in night games.
- UK turned its 50th and 51st double plays of 2014.
- Kentucky produced double-digit runs for the 16th time this season.
- Kentucky moves to 11-6 when facing a left handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 22-12 when hitting at least one home run.
- Kentucky is now 21-7 when scoring first.
- UK moves to 227-304-3 all-time in SEC series openers.
- Kentucky will continue its series with Georgia on Friday, May 16 with the first pitch set for 7 p.m. ET.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed has started 27 consecutive weekend series openers, including 14 in 2014.
- Reed made his team-leading 107th consecutive start.
- Reed worked eight innings, allowing no runs and only three hits.
- Reed has now worked seven or more innings in 11 of his 14 starts and six or more innings in 12 of his starts in 2014.
- Reed collected his 11th quality start of 2014, the 20th of his career.
- Reed’s 10th win moves him into third place for single-season wins, tying him with Matthew Coleman (1987) and Greg Dombrowski (2006).
- Reed has 17 career wins, ranking tied for 11th in UK history.
- Reed leads the SEC with seven wins in conference play and 10 wins overall in 2014.
- Reed has reached base safely in 48 of 52 games in 2014 including 23 straight.
- Reed hit his 13th double of the year, the 30th of his career.
- Reed notched his team-leading 18th multi-RBI game of the year.
- Reed collected his 26th two-out hit and 33rd two-strike hit of 2014.
- Reed inked four hits for the second time this season, the fifth time of his career.
- Reed owned his 18th multi-hit game of the season, the 52nd of his career.
- Reed’s 65 RBI in 2014 tie him with John Wilson for the fifth-most in UK history.
- Senior SS Matt Reida played in his 204th career game, placing him ninth in UK history.
- Reida has started 189 games in his career, tying him with Kennan Wiley and Jeff Michael for the ninth-most in UK history.
- Reida has reached base safely in 12 straight games.
- Reida hit his 24th career double, the seventh of 2014.
- Reida notched his eighth multi-hit game of the year.
- Junior CF Austin Cousino collected his seventh multi-RBI game of 2014.
- Cousino was hit by a pitch for the 46th time of his career, extending the school record.
- Cousino hit his 13th double of the season, giving him 45 for his career.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas hit his eighth double of the year.
- Thomas had multiple hits for the 15th time this season.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn collected a career-high four RBI.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 97 of his 105 career starts.
- Kuhn owned his 17th multi-hit game and 13th multi-RBI game.
- Kuhn notched his team-high fifth four-hit game.
- Kuhn hit his team-leading 14th and 15th doubles of 2014.
- Kuhn has inked a hit in five straight games.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in nine consecutive games.
- Kuhn wore his eighth hit by pitch of 2014, the 11th of his career.
- Freshman RF Storm Wilson extended his hitting streak to a team-high 12 games.
- Wilson has reached base safely in 14 straight games.
- Wilson collected his eighth two-out hit and his eighth two-strike hit.
- Sophomore LF Ka’ai Tom cranked his second career home run.
- Tom extended his hitting streak to 10 games.
- Tom had multiple RBI for the ninth time this season.
- Tom collected his 15th career multi-hit game.
- Junior 1B Thomas Bernal has reached base safely in eight consecutive games.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby has reached base safely in nine straight games.
- Shelby has inked a hit in five consecutive contests.
- Sophomore Dorian Hairston collected his third career hit in SEC play.
- Sophomore reliever Taylor Martin made his 10th appearance of 2014, his fifth of SEC play.