Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
• Kentucky improves to 23-27 overall and 6-19 in SEC play. Georgia drops to 25-25 on the season and 14-11 in league games.
• Kentucky now has an all-time record of 85-124-1 against the Bulldogs. The Wildcats are 40-46-1 against Georgia in games played in Lexington.
• UK head coach Gary Henderson is now 82-79 in his coaching career.
• The Wildcats are now 1662-1430-25 in NCAA play all-time.
Team Game Notes
• Kentucky had eight hits in the team’s first 12 two-out situations.
• Taylor Black, Chad Wright, and Braden Kapteyn continued to be the only Wildcats to start all 50 games this season for UK.
• Kentucky improved to 17-6 when scoring first in 2011.
• The Wildcats are 20-9 overall at Cliff Hagan Stadium in 2011, including 6-7 in conference home games.
• UK is now 7-8 when facing a starting left-handed pitcher.
• Kentucky’s next game is Saturday as the Cats continue their three-game series against Georgia. The game will begin at 4:30 p.m. The voice of UK Baseball, Neil Price will be calling the game on WLAP 630-AM and streamed live on UKathletics.com. Coverage will begin at 4:25 p.m.
Individual Game Notes
• Chad Wright recorded his 20th two-out hit and 11th two-out RBI in the fourth inning.
o Wright finished 2-for-4 with two runs and an RBI.
o Recorded his team-best 15th stolen base of the season.
o Drew his team-best 22nd walk of the season.
• Alex Meyer improved to 6-5 this season after pitching 6.1 innings, allowing three runs on seven hits, walking four and striking out five.
o With his fourth strikeout in the third inning Meyer moved into fifth place on UK’s all-time strikeouts list.
o When Georgia scored in the third inning it snapped Meyer’s streak of 11 straight innings without allowing a run, dating back to the eighth inning against LSU on April 28th.
• Alex Phillips recorded his second save of the season.
o He pitched 2.2 innings, allowed one run on four hits and struck out two.
• Thomas McCarthy hit his team-leading 18th double of the season.
o He finished 3-for-4 with a run and an RBI.
o Extended his hitting streak to five straight games.
o McCarthy now has 23 two-out hits and 14 two-out RBIs.
• Taylor Black started his 90th straight game at shortstop which is a team-high for most consecutive games started at one position.
• Braden Kapteyn was hit by a pitch for the 18th time this season, the most in the SEC.