May 11, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Auburn at Kentucky
May 11, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 30-20, 12-15 in the SEC. Auburn falls to 27-25, 10-17 in the SEC.
- Auburn leads the all-time series, 74-42, including a 35-21 mark in Lexington.
- Kentucky moves to 1-2 in extra-inning games.
- The win for Kentucky marks its 30th of the year, with UK winning 30 or more games in three consecutive seasons for the first time since a record four straight seasons from 1991-94. UK has won 30 or more games 16 times in program history, with four coming under the direction of UK head coach Gary Henderson.
- UK has a record of 2-3 when the game is decided in the last at bat.
- Kentucky won its first game of the year when trailing after seven innings. UK was previously 0-15.
- UK is now 19-10 in home games and 7-8 in SEC home games.
- UK is 4-6 on Sundays and 3-3 in May.
- UK is now 19-14 in day games.
- Kentucky moves to 20-14 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK improves to 4-3 in its black and white uniform combination.
- UK is 21-11 when hitting at least one home run.
- UK turned its 48th double play of the year.
- Kentucky is now 10-13 in games where its opponent scores first.
- Kentucky will continue action at Murray State on Tuesday, May 13 with the first pitch set for 7 p.m. ET.
- Sophomore lefty Dylan Dwyer made his 10th start of 2014.
- Dwyer struck out one in two innings of work.
- Senior SS Matt Reida played in his 202nd career game, 10th in UK history.
- Reida has started 187 games in his career, the ninth-most in UK history.
- Reida has reached base safely in 10 straight games.
- Reida has inked an RBI in four of his last six contests.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed made his team-leading 106th consecutive start.
- Reed has reached base safely in 46 of 50 games in 2014 including 21 straight.
- Reed has collected a walk in seven consecutive games.
- Reed was walked multiple times for the 10th time this season.
- Reed was walked a career high four times.
- Junior CF Austin Cousino hit his fourth home run of the season, the first since April 4 vs. Florida.
- Cousino hit his 12th double of 2014, the 44th of his career.
- Cousino laid down his third sac-bunt of the season, the ninth of his career.
- Cousino notched his team-leading 20th multi-hit game.
- Senior Micheal Thomas caught his 25th consecutive game.
- Thomas has reached base safely in six straight games.
- Thomas collected his 27th career RBI in SEC play, the 17th this season.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 95 of his 103 career starts.
- Kuhn wore his sixth hit by pitch of 2014, the ninth of his career.
- Kuhn has inked a hit in three straight games.
- Freshman RF Storm Wilson extended his hitting streak to a team-high 10 games.
- Wilson wore his team-leading 14th hit by pitch.
- Sophomore LF Ka’ai Tom recorded the game winning RBI for the second time this season.
- Tom was hit by multiple pitches for the first time of his career.
- Tom slated his 22nd two-out hit and 14th two-out RBI of the season.
- Junior 1B Thomas Bernal has reached base safely in six consecutive games.
- Bernal had multiple hits for the 14th time this season.
- Bernal smacked his eighth double of the year.
- Sophomore right hander Kyle Cody made his 15th appearance of 2014, the 30th of his career.
- Cody worked 3.0 innings, throwing 53 pitches, 29 for strikes.
- Sophomore southpaw Sam Mahar made his 10th appearance of the season, his first since April 25 vs. Ole Miss.
- Mahar retired all five batters faced, striking out one.
- Junior reliever Andrew Nelson made his 11th appearance in SEC play this season.
- Nelson pitched 1.0 inning, allowing one hit, and striking out one.
- Freshman left hander Logan Salow made his 19th career appearance.
- Salow inherited one runner, not allowing a score.
- Salow has inherited 23 runners this season, allowing only three to score.
- Junior Spencer Jack made his team-leading 23rd appearance of 2014.
- Jack pitched the final 2.0 innings of the game.
- The win improves Jack’s record to 3-1 on the year.