May 11, 2013
Box Score |
GAME NOTES: Kentucky is now 4-4 in the white tops and white pants on the season ... Kentucky is now 9-8 against left-handed starters in 2013 ... The Wildcats are now 20-9 when playing in day games ... Kentucky is 1-3 in the opener of a double header, with a 3-4 record overall ... The Wildcats fall to 18-10 at Cliff Hagan Stadium in 2013, including a 6-7 mark in conference games ... Kentucky’s record against top 25 opponents is now 6-12, and 1-5 going up against top 10 foes ... The Wildcats drop to 20-8 when scoring first in the game ... Kentucky turned their 51st double play this season when they ended the third inning on a ground ball that went 6-4-3.
- J.T. Riddle made his team-high 114th consecutive start.
- Kyle Barrett reached base with a line drive to leftfield to start the game, his 17th hit as the leadoff man.
- Extended his team-high hitting streak to 12 games.
- Doubled off a runner at first base in the top of the sixth inning to record his third outfield assist of the season.
- Recorded his 14th multi-hit game on the season and of his career.
- Micheal Thomas made his first career start at first base.
- Scorched his fifth two-out hit of the season with no one on in the bottom of the second.
- Austin Cousino hit number 5 in the order for the first time in his career. He had batted No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3 the last two years.
- His bunt-single in the third inning gave him his 13th multi-hit game in 2013 and 41st in his career.
- Plunked by his 21st HBP this season, tied for second most in a single-season in Kentucky history.
- Max Kuhn ripped his fourth homerun of the season and fourth of his career in the bottom of the second inning.
- Recorded his 11th multi-hit game of his career with a single past the pitcher in the bottom of the fourth inning.
- Drew his team-high 35th walk of the season.
- Greg Fettes threw out his first runner of the season in the top of the third, the 22nd for the Wildcats this season.
- Matt Reida dropped his ninth sacrifice bunt of the season in the fourth inning.
- Dylan Dwyer pitched a career-high four innings in relief.