May 3, 2013
Box Score |
GAME NOTES: Arkansas leads the all-time series with UK, 34-22, including a 14-11 mark in games played in Lexington ... UK falls to 4-3 in all white uniforms ... UK is now 5-10 vs. top-25 teams ... UK is 16-8 at Cliff Hagan Stadium, including 5-5 vs. SEC teams at home ... UK is now 6-12 in night games ... UK is 19-11 vs. right-handed starting pitching ... UK falls to 6-6 on Friday ... UK is now 7-11 when its opponent scores first ... UK allowed just the second and third stolen base off its relievers in 2013 in the eighth and ninth innings ... UK fell to 9-5 in one-run games in 2013, still leading the SEC in one-run wins.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-leading 110th consecutive start.
- Riddle notched his 12th two-out hit of 2013.
- Riddle had his first multiple-hit game since March 30 vs. Georgia and his 11th of 2013.
- Riddle has 37 multi-hit games in his career.
- Riddle has 11 career three-hit games.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed made his team-high 12th start on the mound.
- Reed worked his seventh quality start of the year and the ninth of his two-year career.
- Junior Paul McConkey made his second career start at first base.
- McConkey was hit by his third pitch of the year.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett drew a leadoff walk in the first inning.
- Barrett has now reached as the leadoff hitter in 15-of-33 chances.
- Barrett extended his hitting streak to eight games.
- Barrett recorded his 12th two-out hit of 2013.
- Barrett was hit by his second pitch of the year.
- Senior Zac Zellers has now reached base safely as the leadoff hitter in an inning in 11-of-25 chances.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn drew his team-high 32nd walk of the year in the second inning.
- Freshman Greg Fettes laid down his second sac bunt of the year.
- Sophomore Chandler Shepherd inherited a runner without allowing it to score.
- Shepherd has inherited 25 runners in 2013, allowing 11 to score.