April 26, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
No. 17 UK vs. No. 12 Ole Miss
April 26, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the loss Kentucky drops to 27-16, 9-11 SEC, while Ole Miss moves to 32-12, 12-8 SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record vs. Ole Miss is 31-46.
- UK is now 17-8 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK is 8-7 vs. top 25 teams in 2014.
- UK is now 9-5 vs. a left handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky is 19-6 when scoring first.
- UK is 18-12 in day games.
- Kentucky has a record of 9-4 on Saturday’s in 2014.
- UK moves to 10-2 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK will conclude its series with Ole Miss on Sunday, with the first pitch set for 1 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Sophomore lefty Dylan Dwyer made his eighth start of 2014.
- Dwyer worked 5.0 innings, walking two batters and striking out four.
- Junior A.J. Reed cranked his NCAA-leading 18th and 19th home runs of the season.
- Reed has started a team-high 99 consecutive games.
- Reed has homered in four straight SEC games for the second time this season.
- Reed hit multiple homers for the third time this season.
- Reed now has 36 career home runs, tying him for seventh in UK history.
- Reed notched his team-leading 16th multi-RBI game.
- Reed has reached base safely in 39 of his 43 games this season.
- Reed now has 25 two-out hits and 25 two-out RBI. (*2, *2)
- Reed wore his 23rd career hit by pitch, the 11th this season.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino has charted a hit in seven straight games.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 146 of 159 career games.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom notched his 11th multi-hit game of the season.
- Tom drove a ball down the third baseline for his seventh double of the year.
- Tom charted his third career three-hit game.
- Freshman outfielder Storm Wilson made the 15th start of his career.
- Wilson has reached base safely in five consecutive games.
- Wilson inked his third career multi-hit game.
- Wilson laid down his fourth career sacrifice bunt.
- Sophomore Ryne Combs made his 14th appearance of the season, the 10th in relief.
- Junior Chandler Shepherd made his first relief appearance of the year.
- Due to injury, Shepherd made his first appearance since April 5 against Florida.
- Shepherd inherited two runners, giving him a total of 44 for his career.
- Sophomore right hander Zack Strecker made his fifth SEC appearance this season.
- Freshman infielder Connor Heady notched his first career SEC hit.
- Sophomore catcher Zach Arnold extended his hitting streak to nine games.
- Arnold has reached base safely in 12 consecutive contests.
- Arnold smacked his third double of the year.
- Arnold’s two RBI give him a total of seven for 2014.
- Junior first baseman Thomas Bernal extended his hitting streak to 15 games.
- Bernal collected his eighth two-out RBI and 17th two-strike hit of 2014.