April 22, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
No. 17 UK vs. Tennessee Tech
April 22, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 27-14. Tennessee Tech drops to 32-11.
- Kentucky leads the series with Tennessee Tech 10-1.
- UK is now 17-6 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK improves to 18-5 in non-conference play.
- UK is now 18-10 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 23-2 when outhitting its opponent.
- Kentucky produced double-digit hits for the 23rd time of 2014.
- Kentucky is 8-9 when its opponent scores first.
- UK is 9-3 in night games.
- UK is 13-1 when scoring 10 runs or more.
- Kentucky has a record of 5-2 on Tuesday’s in 2014.
- UK holds a record of 8-3 in midweek games.
- UK moves to 10-1 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- Kentucky moves to 4-4 in two-run games.
- UK posted its eighth save of 2014.
- UK is now 26-2 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2014 and is 166-7 in the Henderson era when holding a lead after the eighth inning.
- UK will return to action on Friday, hosting Ole Miss at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Freshman righty Zack Brown made his first career start.
- Brown worked 3.0 innings managing to strike out three batters.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino hit the fourth sacrifice fly of his career, his third this season.
- Cousino stole the 43rd base of his career, moving him into eighth place in UK history.
- Cousino collected his team-leading 18th multi-hit game.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida cranked his first home since his roundtripper at Indiana on May 8, 2012.
- Reida’s home run comes 348 at-bats after his last four-bagger.
- Reida hit a career high four RBI.
- Reida equaled a career high with four hits.
- Reida charted his fourth and fifth doubles of the year giving him 21 for his career.
- Reida notched his sixth multi-hit and multi-RBI games of 2014.
- Reida was walked multiple times for the third time this year.
- Reida stole his fifth base of the season, marking the 15th stolen base of his career.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas hit a go-ahead two-run homer in the eighth inning.
- Thomas’ home run gives him seven on the year, 11 for his career.
- Junior LHP/first baseman A.J. Reed made his team-leading 97th consecutive start.
- Reed had multiple RBI for a team-high 14th time this year.
- Reed notched his 16th multi-hit game of the year.
- Reed has reached base safely in 37 of his 41 games in 2014.
- Reed collected his seventh multi-walk game of the season.
- Reed now has 22 two-out hits and 21 two-out RBI.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby hit his fourth career home run.
- Shelby had multiple RBI for the fifth time this season.
- Shelby collected his 13th walk of the season.
- Shelby notched his ninth multi-hit game of 2014.
- Shelby hit for his second career three-RBI game.
- Junior first baseman Thomas Bernal extended his hitting streak to 13 games.
- Bernal had multiple hits for the 12th time this season.
- Bernal charted his sixth double of the year, the ninth of his career.
- Bernal inked his 15th two-out hit.
- Bernal wore his 11th hit by pitch this year.
- Sophomore rightfielder Kyle Barrett was hit by his second pitch of the season.
- Barrett was walked multiple times for the fifth time this year.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 17 consecutive games.
- Kuhn hit for his 16th multi-hit game of the season.
- Kuhn has now reached base safely in 87 of his 94 career starts.
- Kuhn gathered his 22nd two-out hit and his 19th two-out RBI.
- Kuhn collected his 23rd two-strike hit of 2014.
- Kuhn has produced three or more hits six times this season.
- Freshman reliever Robert Ziegler made the sixth appearance of his career.
- Sophomore right-hander Zach Strecker made his 12th appearance of 2014.
- Strecker inherited his fifth runner of the season.
- Strecker worked his season-long 2.1 innings, tossing 41 pitches and striking out three.
- Reigning SEC pitcher of the week Logan Salow made his 16th appearance of the year.
- Sophomore leftfielder Ka’ai Tom has got a hit in four straight games.
- Tom wore his fifth hit by pitch this year.
- Junior reliever Spencer Jack made his 19th appearance of the year.
- Jack inherited one runner, giving him a team-high of 22 this season.
- Sophomore right-hander Kyle Cody made his 13th appearance of 2014.