April 20, 2013
GAME NOTES: South Carolina extends its all-time series lead with UK to 43-32, including a 25-10 mark in Columbia ... UK is now 2-2 in doubleheaders ... UK drops to 5-6 on the road, including a 2-6 mark in the SEC ... UK is now 19-8 in day games ... UK is now 7-6 against left-handed starting pitching ... UK drops to 3-7 against top-25 teams ... UK falls to 18-6 when scoring first ... UK is now 3-1 in its blue and gray uniform combination ... UK had its third multi-homer game of 2013 ... UK played its third extra-inning game, falling to 2-1 in those contests ... UK suffered its first loss in a span of 64 consecutive games when leading after the seventh inning, falling to 19-1 in 2013.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-high 103rd consecutive start.
- Freshman Dorian Hairston made his first career start.
- Senior Jerad Grundy made his 10th start of the year and the 26th of his two-year career.
- Senior Zac Zellers was hit by his eighth pitch of the year.
- Junior Matt Reida laid down his sixth sac bunt of the year to score a run in the second.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett was hit by his second career pitch in the seventh.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino was hit by his 14th pitch of the year.
- Cousino stole his team-high 11th base of the year.
- Cousino laid down his second sac bunt of the year.
- Freshman Greg Fettes hit his first career home run in the sixth inning.
- It was his second and third two-out RBI of 2013.
- The two-strike homer for Fettes was his fifth two-strike hit of the year.
- Junior Matt Reida ripped a two-out double in the sixth, his fifth double of the year.
- It was Reida’s ninth two-out hit of 2013.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed hit a three-run homer in the seventh inning to give UK a lead, his team-high 10th homer of the year.
- Reed’s homer was his fourth three-run job of 2013. It was his third against a lefty and his fourth go-ahead home run of 2013.
- Freshman Zack Storm stole his second career base.
- Junior Trevor Gott suffered his first loss of the year and his first since April 19, 2011. Gott had not suffered a loss on the mound in the last 733 days.