April 15, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK at Louisville
April 15, 2014 - Louisville, Ky.
Jim Patterson Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky moves to 24-13, while Louisville drops to 27-9.
- UK leads the all-time series with Louisville 68-35-1.
- Kentucky swept the season series with Louisville for the first time since 2011.
- Kentucky moves to 5-4 in April.
- Kentucky improves to 17-5 in non-conference play.
- UK is 12-4 when its opponent commits two or more errors.
- Kentucky moves to 3-4 in two-run games.
- UK is 9-1 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK has a record of 11-1 when not committing an error.
- Kentucky is 5-6 on the road this season.
- UK holds a record of 7-3 in night games.
- Kentucky is 18-4 when scoring first.
- UK turned its 34th double play of the season.
- UK moves to 9-4 when facing a left handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 4-2 on Tuesdays.
- UK owns a 163-7 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- UK opens its series at Texas A&M on Friday, April 18 at Blue Bell Park with the first pitch set for 7:35 p.m. ET.
- Sophomore left hander Ryne Combs made his fourth start of 2014.
- Combs worked 2.0 innings striking out two batters.
- Junior A.J. Reed has reached base safely in eight consecutive games.
- Reed records his 24th walk of the season.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 148th consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 139 of 154 career games.
- Junior Max Kuhn extended his team-high reach base safely streak to 13 games.
- Junior Thomas Bernal has a hit in nine consecutive games.
- Bernal has reached base safely in 11 straight games.
- Bernal was hit by a pitch for the 18th time of his career, the 10th of 2014.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has reached base safely in 10 straight games.
- Thomas drew his 13th walk of 2014.
- Thomas wore his 24th career hit by pitch, his sixth of the season.
- Freshman infielder Connor Heady made his first start since March 15, 2014 at Alabama.
- Freshman Logan Salow made his 14th appearance of the season.
- Salow has inherited 17 runners this season, only allowing three to score.
- Salow worked a season-high 3.2 innings, tossing 63 pitches.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby recorded his 26th career hit.
- Shelby drew the 11th and 12th walks of his career.
- Shelby was walked multiple times for the second time this season.
- Freshman Storm Wilson collected his fourth walk of the year.
- Freshman Zack Brown made his 11th appearance of the season.
- Brown inherited two runners not allowing either to score
- Brown has a total of seven inherited runners on the year.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom stole the 11th base of his career.
- Sophomore Kyle Cody made his 11th appearance this season.
- Cody has inherited six runners, while only allowing one to score.
- Cody recorded his team leading third save of the season.