April 12, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Missouri
April 12, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky moves to 23-12, 7-7 SEC, while Missouri falls to 16-17, 5-9 SEC.
- UK evened the series with Missouri 3-3.
- UK is 8-1 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK recorded its third shutout of the season.
- Kentucky is 11-1 when scoring 10 or more runs.
- UK improves to 17-4 when scoring first
- Kentucky is 16-5 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK holds a record of 6-3 in night games.
- UK is 10-1 when not committing an error.
- UK turned its 30th and 31st double plays of the season.
- Kentucky has produced double-digit hits 20 times this season.
- UK moves to 15-8 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 8-3 on Saturdays.
- UK has an SEC-leading 111 two-out RBI.
- Kentucky moves to 16-6 when hitting at least one home run.
- UK owns a 162-7 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- Kentucky has a record of 124-45 at home under Coach Gary Henderson.
- UK concludes its series with Missouri on Sunday, April 13 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Sophomore southpaw Dylan Dwyer made his sixth start of 2014, his first career SEC start.
- Dwyer worked 6.1 innings tossing 107 pitches, 63 for strikes.
- Dwyer recorded his second career quality start.
- Dwyer picked off the second runner of his career.
- Junior A.J. Reed hit his 14th home run of the year, giving him the NCAA lead.
- Reed is the first UK player to hit five home runs in five straight SEC games.
- Reed had multiple RBI for the 12th time this season, the 27th time of his career.
- Reed hit his 17th two-out RBI of 2014.
- Reed drew his 10th intentional walk of the year.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida collected his fifth multi-hit game of the season.
- Reida hit his second career sacrifice fly.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby has reached base safely in eight straight games.
- Shelby laid down his second career sacrifice bunt.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 146th consecutive start.
- Cousino threw out a runner at home giving him his fifth assist of 2014, the 14th of his career.
- Junior Max Kuhn had four hits for the third time of his career.
- Kuhn extended his team-high reach base safely streak to 11 games.
- Kuhn leads the SEC in walks with 29.
- Kuhn collected his 14th multi-hit game of the season.
- Kuhn hit his 19th career double, the 10th of 2014.
- Junior Thomas Bernal has got a hit in seven straight games.
- Bernal has reached base safely in nine consecutive games.
- Bernal hit for his sixth multi-hit game of the season, the 11th of his career.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom hit his fifth and sixth doubles of the year.
- Tom had multiple RBI for the fourth time of his career.
- Tom notched his ninth multi-hit game of the season.
- Tom hit his fourth two-out RBI.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has got a hit in eight consecutive games.
- Thomas brought home his 11th multi-hit game of the year.
- Freshman Storm Wilson has reached base safely in five consecutive games.
- Wilson had his second career multi-hit game.
- Wilson laid down his first career bunt-single.
- Wilson hit his second double of the year.
- Wilson was hit by a pitch for the ninth time of his career.
- Sophomore Zach Arnold has reached base safely in nine consecutive contests.
- Freshman southpaw Logan Salow made his 13th career appearance.
- Salow inherited two runners, giving him a total of 14 on the season.
- Sophomore reliever Zach Strecker made his 11th appearance of 2014.
- Strecker pitched two innings and struck out two batters.