April 11, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Missouri
April 11, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky moves to 22-12, 6-7 SEC, while Missouri improves to 16-16, 5-8 SEC.
- UK trails the series with Missouri 2-3.
- UK is 7-2 in its all white uniform combination.
- UK drops to 6-8 when its opponent scores first.
- Kentucky is 15-5 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK holds a record of 5-3 in night games.
- Kentucky has produced double-digit hits 19 times this season.
- UK moves to 14-8 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 6-3 on Fridays.
- Kentucky moves to 15-6 when hitting at least one home run.
- Kentucky has a record of 123-45 at home under Coach Gary Henderson.
- UK continues its series with Missouri on Saturday, April 12 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Junior lefty A.J. Reed made his ninth start of 2014.
- Reed worked 7.0 innings striking out a career high 10 batters.
- Reed hit his 13th home run of the year, tying him for the NCAA lead.
- Reed hit four RBI for the third time this season.
- Reed is currently on a five game hitting streak.
- Reed had multiple RBI for the 11th time this season, the 26th time of his career.
- Reed collected the 48th multi-hit game of his career, his 14th of the season.
- Reed hit his team-high 10th double of the year, the 27th of his career.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida made his 172nd career start giving him sole possession of 10th place in the UK history books.
- Reida was hit by a pitch for the 12th time of his career, the fourth time this season.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby has reached base safely in seven straight games.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 145th consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 137 of 151 career games, including the last five contests.
- Junior Max Kuhn collected his second career three-walk game.
- Kuhn leads the SEC in walks with 28.
- Kuhn saw his seventh multi-walk game of the season, the 15th of his career.
- Junior Thomas Bernal has got a hit in six straight games.
- Bernal has reached base safely in eight consecutive games.
- Bernal collected his ninth two-out hit of 2014.
- Bernal hit for his fifth multi-hit game of the season, the 10th of his career.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom collected his second career three-hit game.
- Tom notched his eighth multi-hit game of the season.
- Tom stole the ninth and 10th bases of his career.
- Tom hit for his third career RBI in SEC play.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has got a hit in seven consecutive games.
- Thomas brought home his 22nd career RBI in conference play.
- Freshman Storm Wilson hit his first career sacrifice fly.
- Wilson obtained his second career RBI in conference play.
- Sophomore Zach Strecker made his first appearance since March 29, 2014 against Vanderbilt.
- Freshman southpaw Logan Salow made his 12th career appearance.
- Salow inherited one runner, totaling 12 on the season.
- Junior Spencer Jack made team-leading 17th appearance in relief.
- Jack inherited two runners, giving him a total of 18 on the year.