April 8, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Morehead State
April 8, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky moves to 22-11, while Morehead State falls to 16-16.
- UK leads the series with Morehead State 44-26.
- UK is 7-2 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK drops to 6-7 when its opponent scores first.
- Kentucky is 15-4 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK holds a record of 5-2 in night games.
- UK moves to 8-4 when facing a left handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 3-2 on Tuesdays.
- UK turned its 28th and 29th double plays of the season.
- Kentucky moves to 15-5 when hitting at least one home run.
- Kentucky has a record of 123-44 at home under Coach Gary Henderson.
- UK begins its series with Missouri on Friday, April 11 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Sophomore Ryne Combs made his third start of 2014.
- Nelson worked 3.0 innings tossing 48 pitches, 28 for strikes.
- Junior A.J. Reed collected his 40th RBI of the season.
- Reed hit his ninth double of the year, the 26th of his career.
- Reed had multiple RBI for the 10th time this season.
- Freshman southpaw Logan Salow made his 11th career appearance.
- Salow worked 3.0 innings striking out three batters.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby has reached base safely in six straight games.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 144th consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 136 of 150 career games.
- Cousino was hit by a pitch for the ninth and 10th times this season, the 43rd and 44th of his career.
- Junior Max Kuhn extended his hitting streak to a team-high nine games.
- Sophomore right hander Kyle Cody made his ninth appearance of the season.
- Junior Thomas Bernal has got a hit in five straight games.
- Bernal has reached base safely in seven consecutive games.
- Bernal hit his fourth double of 2014.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has got a hit in six consecutive games.
- Freshman reliever Zack Brown made his ninth appearance of 2014.
- Freshman Storm Wilson belted his first career homer, a pinch-hit blast in the ninth inning.