April 6, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Florida
April 6, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky moves to 22-10, 6-6 SEC, while Florida falls to 20-12, 6-6 SEC.
- UK trails the series with Florida 133-61-1.
- Kentucky has faced a ranked opponent in seven straight games and 12 of its last 13 contests.
- UK is 3-1 in its black and white uniform combination.
- UK moves to 16-4 when scoring first.
- Kentucky has collected double-digit hits for the 17th time this season.
- Kentucky is 15-3 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK holds a record of 17-9 in day games.
- UK has a record of 7-5 against teams in the top 25.
- UK moves to 8-3 when facing a left handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 3-3 on Sundays.
- UK turned its 27th double play of the season.
- Kentucky moves to 15-4 when hitting at least one home run.
- UK has an SEC-leading 108 two-out RBI.
- Kentucky has a record of 123-43 at home under Coach Gary Henderson.
- UK continues action against Morehead State on Tuesday, April 8 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Junior Andrew Nelson made his sixth start of 2014.
- Nelson worked five innings tossing 87 pitches, 54 for strikes.
- Junior lefty A.J. Reed cranked the 29th home run of his career.
- Reed is currently leading the SEC in home runs with 12.
- Reed is the only player from a BCS conference with at least eight homers, entering Sunday.
- Reed collected his 13th multi-hit game of the season, the 47th of his career.
- Reed wore his ninth hit by pitch of the season.
- Reed hit his eighth double of 2014, the 25th of his career.
- Reed had three hits for the fourth time this season.
- Senior Matt Reida has reached-base safely in four straight games.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby extended his hit streak to five games.
- Shelby collected his fifth career RBI in SEC play.
- Shelby had his seventh career multi-hit game.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 143rd consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 135 of 149 career games.
- Cousino’s RBI single in the sixth inning gives him 42 career SEC RBI.
- Junior Max Kuhn extended his hitting streak to a team-high eight games.
- Kuhn hit his fourth home run of 2014, the ninth of his career.
- Kuhn collected his sixth multi-RBI game of the season.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett extended his hitting streak to five games.
- Barrett hit for his eighth multi-hit game of 2014.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 10 straight games.
- Barrett collected his second three-hit game of the year.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom has reached base safely for a team-leading 24th straight time.
- Tom hit his second career RBI in conference play.
- Junior Thomas Bernal has got a hit in four straight games.
- Bernal has reached base safely in six consecutive games.
- Bernal collected his sixth multi-hit game of 2014.
- Bernal hit his way to his third three-hit game of the season.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has got a hit in five consecutive games.
- Thomas hit his first career triple.
- Thomas caught a runner stealing for the fifth time this season, the 18th time of his career.
- Sophomore reliever Dylan Dwyer made his eighth appearance of 2014, his second in league play.
- Junior Spencer Jack made his 16th appearance of the year.
- Jack inherited a runner, giving him a total of 16 inherited runners for 2014.
- Sophomore Kyle Cody picked up the second save of his career.