Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
• Kentucky improves their record to 16-14, while Xavier falls to 16-14 on the season.
• Kentucky now has an all-time record of 29-8 vs. Xavier. Kentucky has won the last nine meetings back to 2000.
• The Cats have won 10 of their last 16 games, and 12 of their last 19.
• UK head coach Gary Henderson is now 75-65 in his coaching career.
• The Wildcats are now 1656-1417-25 in NCAA play all-time.
Team Game Notes
• Kentucky scored six runs in the first inning, marking the most runs UK has scored in one inning this year. The last time UK scored six or more runs in a single inning was on May 15th, 2010 when the Cats put up six runs in the fourth inning en-route to a 9-4 series-clinching win over LSU.
• The Cats have an 11-3 record when scoring first in 2011.
• Kentucky posted 13 RBI on the night, which was the most RBI UK has posted all season in a single game. The last time UK had 13 or more RBI in one game was May 11, 2010 at Indiana when UK earned 17.
• UK scored 15 runs, which was the most runs the Cats have put up in one game in 2011. The previous high was 13 runs scored vs. Illinois-Chicago on February 26th. The last time UK scored 15 or more runs in a game was in 2009 when the Wildcats beat Morehead State 18-10 on May 12th.
• The Blue and White are now 14-8 in non-conference games this season.
• UK has now won eight straight non-conference games.
• The Wildcats are now 14-3 at Cliff Hagan Stadium in 2011, and 568-325-2 all-time at home.
• Kentucky is now 6-0 this season when playing on Tuesday.
• UK threw 142 pitches with 98 of them being recorded as strikes. That gave the Wildcats 69% strike ratio for the evening.
• Taylor Black, Chad Wright, Braden Kapteyn and Thomas McCarthy continued to be the only Wildcats to start all 30 games this season for UK.
• UK is now 12-9 when facing a starting right-handed pitcher.
• UK advanced runners 15 times on 24 opportunities.
• This was the fifth time this year Kentucky scored double-digit runs. UK defeated Morehead State 12-3 on Feb. 22, Illinois-Chicago 13-3 on Feb. 26, Canisius 12-4 on March 23, and Tennessee Tech 11-8 on March 29.
• UK up’s its record to 16-1 when leading after the eighth inning.
• Kentucky’s next game is Friday, April 8 as the Cats will welcome the Auburn Tigers to Lexington. The game will begin at 6:30 p.m. ET with the voice of UK Baseball, Neil Price calling the game on WGVN 1580-AM and streamed live on UKathletics.com. Coverage will begin at 6:25 p.m.
Individual Game Notes
• Taylor Black started his 70th straight game at shortstop which is a team-high for most consecutive games started at one position.
o Had his ninth double to lead off the bottom of the fourth inning.
o Went 1-2 overall on the night.
• J.T. Riddle started his first career in the clean-up spot in the order.
o Singled through the right side scoring Chad Wright to record the Wildcat’s opening run if the game.
o Was 1-4 on the night, including being hit by a pitch.
• Chad Wright batted lead off for UK for only the second time this season.
o Stole his 13th base of the year in the bottom of the first inning after drawing a lead-off walk to begin the game.
o Went 1-4 on the night.
• Thomas McCarthy blasted his third home run of the year to left field in the bottom of the first inning to give Kentucky the 4-0 lead at the time.
o Reached base for the 27th time in the Wildcats last 29 games. He has reached base in 16 straight starts.
o Singled in the bottom of the sixth inning to drive in two runs.
o He finished the night with a season-high five RBI’s. Those five runs batted in was the most one player has batted in for one single game for UK this year.
o Went 2-4 on the night.
• Brian Adams hit his first home run of the year, and the second of his career in the bottom if the first inning.
o It was a 2-run home run.
o Recorded his eighth double of the 2011 season in the bottom of the fifth inning.
o Went 2-4 with two RBI, and was walked one time.
• Jordan Cooper went five innings en-route to his second win of the 2011 season.
o His ERA improved to 5.89
o Threw 86 pitches with 56 strikes bring recorded.
o He faced 19 batters, with only six getting hits.
o Struck out six batters and did not walk any Musketeers.
• Braden Kapteyn had his fifth double of the year in the bottom of the fourth inning.
o It drove in the Wildcats seventh run of the year, and 15th RBI on the 2011 campaign.
o Later came around to score the Wildcats eighth run when he advanced home on a wild pitch.
o With 1 RBI, he extended his lead lead with 27 RBI’s.
o Was 3-5 overall on the night. The three hits was the most hits any one Wildcat had in tonight’s contest.
o The three hits in tonight’s game was tied for the most hits in one game for Kapteyn this season. He accomplished this feat two previous times this season (March 11 vs. Niagra, March 29 vs. Tennessee Tech)
o This was Braden Kapteyn’s 14th
• Matt Reida recorded his first career stolen base in the bottom on the fifth inning.
• Mike Kaczmarek has now inherited 18 runners when entering a game in 2011, and has allowed no runs to score in any situation.
• Luke Maile had his third home run of the year, which was also the second grand slam of the season for Kentucky.
o It drove in the Wildcats 12,13,14 and 15th run for UK.
o Was 1-3 and walked twice.
o Has now hit safely in 21 of 28 games.