April 1, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Louisville
April 1, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky improves to 20-9, while Louisville drops to 21-7.
- UK leads the series with Louisville 68-36-1, leading 33-14 in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky is facing a ranked opponent in 10 of an 11-game stretch.
- Cliff Hagan Stadium saw a season high 3,742 in attendance, the fourth-largest crowd in program history.
- UK is 6-1 in its all white uniform combination.
- Kentucky is 13-2 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK has a record of 121-42 at home under Coach Gary Henderson.
- UK holds a record of 4-1 in night games.
- UK is 16-3 in non-SEC games.
- Kentucky is 5-3 against top 10 teams in 2014.
- UK has a record of 5-4 against teams in the top 25.
- UK moves to 7-3 when facing a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 3-1 on Tuesdays.
- UK has an SEC-leading 88 two-out RBI on the season.
- Kentucky is 6-2 in midweek games.
- UK moves to 6-5 when the opponent scores first.
- After going the first 22 games of the year with without a save, UK has had a save in its last four wins.
- UK opens it series against No. 12 Florida on Friday, April 4 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Sophomore lefty Dylan Dwyer made his fifth start of 2014.
- Dwyer threw 78 pitches, 45 of them for strikes.
- Dwyer tossed 5.2 innings, striking out three batters.
- He finished an out shy of a quality start, which would have been his second career.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby hit his third career home run.
- Shelby was walked for the seventh time of his career.
- Shelby hit a career-high three RBI, giving him 11 on the year.
- Shelby had his fifth multi-hit game of 2014.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 140th consecutive start.
- Cousino hit his second sacrifice fly of 2014.
- Junior Max Kuhn extended his hitting streak to five games, equaling Zach Arnold for the team lead.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett made his first start out of the leadoff spot since April 9, 2013.
- Barrett was hit by a pitch for the first time this season.
- Junior Thomas Bernal hit his first career home run.
- Bernal hit a career-high four RBI, giving him 14 for the season.
- Bernal captured his fourth multi-hit game of the season, the ninth of his career.
- Bernal equaled a career-high with three hits.
- Bernal had multiple RBI for the third time of his career, the second this season.
- Bernal gathered his fifth two-strike hit of 2014.
- Bernal’s first home run came in his 126th career at-bat.
- Freshman left-hander Logan Salow made his 10th appearance of 2014.
- Salow inherited the ninth and 10th runners of his career, not allowing a score.
- Salow has not allowed an inherited runner to score in his career.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas collected his 16th two-strike hit of the year.
- Thomas caught a runner stealing for the fourth time this season, the 17th time of his career.
- Sophomore right-hander Zack Brown made his eighth appearance of the year.
- Freshman Storm Wilson made his sixth start of 2014.
- Wilson laid down the second and third sacrifice bunts of his career.
- Wilson wore his seventh career hit by pitch.
- Junior right-hander Spencer Jack made his team-high 14th appearance of the year.
- Jack inherited the 12th and 13th runners of his career, not allowing a run to score.
- Jack notched his second save.