March 28, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK at Vanderbilt
March 28, 2014 - Nashville, Tenn.
Charles Hawkins Field
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky improves to 19-7, 4-3 SEC, while Vanderbilt falls to 21-6, 3-4 SEC.
- UK leads the series with Vanderbilt 142-136-5.
- UK is 2-2 in its blue and grey uniform combination.
- Kentucky moves to 4-4 on the road this year.
- UK holds a record of 3-1 in night games.
- UK had double-digit hits for the 15th time this season.
- UK moves to 13-5 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 5-2 on Fridays.
- UK moves to 7-1 when not committing an error.
- Kentucky holds a record of 12-5 in the month of March.
- Kentucky captured its third save of 2014.
- UK moves to 5-4 when its opponent scores first.
- UK owns a 158-7 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- Kentucky has 15 wins over top-five opponents in the Henderson era and a total of 47 wins over ranked foes in Henderson’s six years.
- UK is 4-1 against top-five opponents in 2014.
- UK has an SEC-leading 86 two-out RBI this season.
- UK’s last four wins have all involved saves after Kentucky did not have a save in its first 23 games of 2014.
- UK continues its series against Vanderbilt on Saturday, March 29 at Charles Hawkins Field with the first pitch set for 3 p.m. ET.
- Junior lefty A.J. Reed made his seventh start of 2014.
- Reed had his sixth quality start of the season, the 15th of his career.
- Reed pitched eight innings, striking out seven batters.
- Reed had multiple hits for the 10th time this season.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett collected his 14th walk of the season.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 137th consecutive start.
- Cousino hit his way to his fifth three-hit game of the year.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 130 of 143 career games.
- Cousino had multiple hits for the 15th time this season.
- Cousino threw out a runner for his second assist of 2014.
- Cousino was hit by a pitch for the eighth time this season, the 42nd time of his career.
- Junior Thomas Bernal was hit by a pitch for a team-high eighth time this season.
- Junior Max Kuhn picked up his 11th multi-hit game of 2014.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas was hit by a pitch for the fifth time this season, the 23rd time of his career.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida collected the 63rd walk of his career, the 11th of 2014.
- Reida has his third multi-hit game of the season.
- Sophomore right-hander Kyle Cody made his sixth appearance of the season.
- Cody recorded his first career save.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby has reached base safely in seven consecutive games.
- Shelby laid down the first sacrifice bunt of his career.
- Sophomore outfielder Ka’ai Tom reached base safely for the 20th consecutive game.
- Tom was walked for the 11th time of his career.