March 26, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Xavier
March 26, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky improves to 18-7 while Xavier moves to 12-11.
- UK leads the series with Xavier 32-8.
- UK is 5-1 in its all-white uniform combination.
- UK moves to 5-2 in midweek games.
- Kentucky moves to 12-2 at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- UK holds a record of 16-6 in day games.
- Kentucky had double-digit strikeouts for the fourth time this year.
- UK moves to 6-2 when facing a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 3-0 on Wednesdays.
- Kentucky holds a record of 11-5 in the month of March.
- UK moves to 13-3 when scoring first.
- Kentucky has outscored opponents 25-5 in the first inning.
- UK has 85 2-out RBI this season.
- UK continues action on the road against No. 5 Vanderbilt on Friday, March 28 at Charles Hawkins Field with the first pitch set for 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 136th consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 129 of 142 career games.
- Cousino hit his second career sacrifice fly, his first of 2014.
- Junior Max Kuhn hit his ninth double of the year.
- Kuhn was walked for the 21st time this season, the 59th time of his career.
- Sophomore left-hander Ryne Combs made his third start of his career and the second of 2014.
- Sophomore rightfielder Dorian Hairston made his first start since March 11 at No. 16 Indiana.
- Hairston hit his second career triple.
- Hairston hit his fifth two-out RBI of 2014.
- Hairston collected his third career multi-hit game.
- Sophomore catcher Zach Arnold made his first start since the second game of a doubleheader with Cincinnati on March 5.
- Arnold hit his second career double, capturing his fifth RBI of the season.
- Fifth-year senior catcher Micheal Thomas had his streak of consecutive innings caught snapped at 77.2 innings over the last eight games.
- Thomas started as the designated hitter for the second time in his career and the first time in 2014.
- Thomas hit his fifth sacrifice fly of his career, the second of the season.
- Sophomore lefty Dylan Dwyer made his fifth appearance of 2014, his first in relief.
- Dwyer struck out two batters in one inning of work.
- Sophomore Taylor Martin made his fifth appearance of the year.
- Martin collected two strikeouts in one inning pitched.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida collected his 14th RBI of the season, the 62nd of his career.
- Reida was hit by a pitch for the 10th time in his career, the second time this season.
- Sophomore reliever Zach Strecker made his sixth appearance of the season.
- Strecker inherited two runners, giving him a total of four in 2014.
- Sophomore right-hander Kyle Cody made his fifth appearance of the season.
- Junior A.J. Reed collected his 33rd RBI of 2014 with a single in the sixth inning.
- Reed hit his 14th two-out RBI of the season.
- Sophomore Sam Mahar made his seventh appearance of 2014.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby was hit by a pitch for the fourth time in his career.
- Shelby has reached base safely in six consecutive games.
- Shelby collected the sixth walk of his career.
- Shelby hit his fourth double of 2014.
- Junior Spencer Jack made his 12th appearance of the season.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom reached base safely for the 19th consecutive game.
- Tom has got a hit in four consecutive games.
- Tom stole the eighth base of his career.