March 15, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK at Alabama
March 15 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Team Records, Series History and Notes
- With the win, Alabama improves to 12-6, 2-1 in the Southeastern Conference and with the loss, Kentucky falls to 14-6, 1-2 in the SEC.
- Alabama leads the all-time series, 59-37, including 30-15 in Tuscaloosa.
- UK is now 3-2 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is now 14-5 in day games.
- UK turned its 18th double play of the year.
- UK will return to action on Tuesday, playing host to Western Kentucky at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 131st consecutive start.
- Cousino extended his hitting streak to 15 games.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 126 of his 137 career games.
- Cousino has now reached base safely in all 20 games of 2014.
- Cousino recorded his 13th multi-hit game of 2014 and the 55th of his career.
- Cousino stole his eighth base of the year and the 37th of his career.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn has now reached base safely in all 20 games of 2014.
- Kuhn has reached base safely yin 68 of his 74 career games.
- Kuhn notched his ninth multi-hit game of the year and the 21st of his career.
- Kuhn was hit by his second pitch of 2014 and the fifth of his career.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas collected hits in five consecutive at bats, dating back to the first game of the doubleheader.
- Thomas stole his second base of the year and the sixth of his career.
- Freshman shortstop Connor Heady was hit by his second pitch of 2014.
- Junior A.J. Reed hit his NCAA-leading ninth homer of the year and the 26th of his career.
- Reed’s homer against Alabama’s Jon Keller was the first he had allowed since March 2, 2013 vs. Tulane.
- Reed charted his eighth multi-hit game of 2014 and the 42nd of his three-year career.
- Reed recorded his second three-hit game of 2014 and the seventh of his career.
- Reed was intentionally walked for the ninth time of the year.
- Junior Andrew Nelson made his third career start, his second weekend start and his first career SEC start.
- Nelson worked his second quality start of the year.
- Nelson set new career highs with 8.2 innings and five strikeouts.
- Freshman leftfielder Storm Wilson had a career-high two hits.
- Junior Thomas Bernal laid down his second sac bunt of the year and the fifth of his career.