March 1, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Eastern Michigan
March 1, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 8-2, while Eastern Michigan drops to 4-6.
- Kentucky is now 3-0 in Saturday games.
- UK moves to 2-0 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK holds a record of 7-2 in day games this season.
- UK is 6-2 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky moves to 5-2 when scoring first.
- Kentucky won its 95th consecutive game when staked to an eighth-inning lead, dating back to 2011.
- UK owns a 147-5 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- With the win, UK leads the series with EMU 21-6.
- Kentucky concludes its series against Eastern Michigan with the second game of the doubleheader on Saturday.
- Junior A.J. Reed extended his hitting streak to 12 games.
- Reed has a batting average of .388 during his hit streak.
- Reed had his sixth multi-hit game of the season.
- Reed has reached base safely in nine consecutive games.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom hit his second and third doubles of the year.
- Tom had his third career multi-hit game.
- Tom had his first career game with multiple doubles.
- Tom has reached base safely in nine consecutive games.
- Tom had a career high three RBI.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett extended his hitting streak to 12 games.
- Barrett has a batting average of .340 during his hitting streak.
- Barrett stole his fifth base of the season, matching his career high for a season. Barrett is leading the team in steals.
- Junior Max Kuhn extends his hitting streak to four games and has reached base safely in nine consecutive games.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 58 of 64 career games.
- Kuhn’s RBI in the third inning gave him his third two-out RBI of the year.
- Freshman Storm Wilson stole the first base of his career.
- Wilson recorded his 5th RBI of the season with a bases loaded single in the seventh inning.
- Freshman Connor Heady hit the second sacrifice fly of his career.
- Junior Austin Cousino extended his hitting streak to 10 games and has reached base safely in 10 consecutive games.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 116 of 125 career games.
- Cousino had multiple hits for the seventh time this season, the 49th time in his career.
- Cousino stole his sixth base of the season, the 35th of his career.
- Cousino was hit by a pitch for the third time this season, the 37th time in his career.
- Junior Chandler Shepherd had his first quality start of the season, the second of his career.
- Shepherd equaled his career high with six strikeouts.
- Shepherd set a new career high by pitching 8.0 innings.
- Junior Spencer Jack made the fifth appearance of his career.
- Freshman Zack Brown made the third appearance of his career.
- Senior Micheal Thomas was hit by a pitch for the second time this season, the 20th time of his career.