Feb. 28, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Eastern Michigan
Feb. 28, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, UK improved to 7-2, while EMU moved to 4-5 on the season.
- Kentucky concludes February with a 7-2 record, improving their record to 34-9 in the month of February under coach Gary Henderson.
- UK moved to 2-0 at home this season, 110-50 under Henderson.
- UK is 6-2 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky moved to 2-0 in its all-white uniform combination.
- UK improved its record to 7-2 in day games this season.
- UK moved to 3-0 in Friday games.
- Kentucky improved to 4-2 when scoring first.
- UK had double-digit hits for the sixth time this season.
- UK caught its first runner stealing this season.
- Kentucky had seven two-out RBI, giving the team 39 on the season.
- UK has had 72 RBI in 2014, with two-out RBI accounting for 54-percent of its RBI total.
- UK snapped its streak of 50.2 consecutive innings without allowing a stolen base.
- UK’s bullpen has worked 15.2 consecutive innings without allowing an earned run, dating back to last Friday vs. St. Joseph’s.
- Kentucky won its 94th consecutive game when staked to an eighth-inning lead, dating back to 2011.
- UK owns a 146-5 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- With the win, UK leads the series with EMU, 20-6.
- Kentucky will continue its series with EMU on Saturday with a doubleheader set to begin at 12 p.m. ET.
- Junior lefty A.J. Reed improved to 3-0 on the year.
- Reed struck out five in the win, his season high.
- Reed threw 113 pitches, tying his career high.
- Reed was intentionally walked for the 11th and 12th times of his career.
- This was the 10th multi-walk game of Reed’s career.
- Reed extended his hitting steak to 11 games with a single in the sixth inning.
- Junior Austin Cousino extends his hit streak to nine games.
- Cousino has reached base safely in nine consecutive games, 115 of 124 career games.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida made his team-high 127th consecutive start.
- Reida laid down the 26th sacrifice bunt of his career, moving him to third in school history.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett has now reached base safely in a team-high 27 consecutive games.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 43 of his 47 career starts.
- Barrett extended his hitting streak to 11 games.
- Barrett had his 19th career multi-hit game and the fourth three-hit game of his career, equaling a career high.
- Barrett stole his third and fourth bases of the season, the seventh and eight of his career.
- It was Barrett’s first career game with multiple steals.
- Junior Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 57 of 63 career games.
- Kuhn’s had his fourth multi-hit game of the season, the 16th of his career.
- Kuhn extends his hitting streak to three games.
- Senior Micheal Thomas laid down his first bunt hit of the year.
- Thomas caught a runner stealing in the fifth inning.
- Thomas hit his first sacrifice fly of the season, the fourth of his career.
- Freshman Connor Heady hit his third double of the year, scoring two runs.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom hit his first career double.
- Tom stole a base for the third time in his career.
- Freshman Logan Salow inherited a runner in the eighth inning, his fourth inherited runner of the season, not allowing any to score.