Feb. 25, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Wright State
Feb. 25, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 6-2 on the season, while the loss drops Wright State to 2-5.
- Kentucky is now 72-31-2 all-time in home openers.
- UK moves to 1-0 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK leads the series with Wright State, 11-7.
- Kentucky is 3-0 when its opponent scores first and 2-0 when its opponent scores in the first inning.
- UK moves to 6-2 in day games this season.
- UK is 5-2 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK turned its ninth double play in the third inning and it’s 10th of the year in the sixth inning.
- UK completed its fourth consecutive errorless game.
- Kentucky won its 93rd consecutive game when staked to an eighth-inning lead, dating back to 2011.
- UK owns a 145-5 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- UK’s bullpen has worked 12.2 consecutive scoreless innings, dating back to last Friday vs. St. Joseph’s.
- UK has not allowed a stolen base in 48.1 consecutive innings, dating back to Feb. 16 vs. VMI.
- Kentucky will return to action on Wednesday, hosting Dayton at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Sophomore Dylan Dwyer pitched three innings in his second career start.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida made his team-high 126th consecutive start.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett has now reached base safely in a team-high 26 consecutive games.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 42 of his 46 career starts.
- Barrett hit his first career home run in the fourth inning, his 179th career at bat.
- Barrett extended his hitting streak to 10 games.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino has now reached base safely in 114 of his 123 career games.
- Cousino now has 49 career multi-hit games. He has multiple hits in six of eight games this season.
- Cousino was hit by a pitch for the second time this season, the 36th time in his career.
- Cousino stole his fourth and fifth base of the season, the 33rd and 34th of his career. It was his fourth career two-steal game.
- It was Cousino’s second three-hit game of the season, the 12th of his career.
- Junior Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 56 of 62 career games.
- Kuhn had his second multi-hit game of the season, the 15th of his career.
- Junior A.J. Reed was intentionally walked for the 10th time in his career.
- This was Reed’s ninth career multi-walk game of his career.
- Reed extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a single in the eighth inning.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom was hit by a pitch for the second time in his career.
- Tom recorded his first career outfield assist.
- Senior Micheal Thomas hit his ninth career double in the third inning with the bases loaded.
- It was Thomas’ second multi-walk game of the season, the third of his career.
- Freshman Connor Heady was walked for the seventh time this season, a team high.
- Heady was hit by a pitch for the first time in his career.
- Junior Spencer Jack has four scoreless outings this season, pitching a total of five innings.