Feb. 22, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK at Old Dominion
Feb. 22, 2014 -- Norfolk, Va.
Bud Metheny Complex
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 4-2 and with the loss Old Dominion falls to 4-3.
- Kentucky won its 91st consecutive game when staked to an eighth-inning lead, dating back to 2011.
- UK owns a 143-5 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- Five of UK’s seven RBI came with two outs.
- UK has driven in 51 runs in 2014, with 31 coming with two outs.
- In 2013, UK had 83 two-out RBI in 55 games, with UK’s 31 through six games in 2014 marking 37 percent of its season total from a year ago.
- Kentucky won the first meeting in the series since 1999 and now leads the all-time series, 2-1.
- UK is now 1-1 in two-run games.
- UK improved to 3-2 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is now 2-1 on the road in 2014.
- Kentucky is 2-0 when its opponent scored first and 1-0 when its opponent scores in the first inning.
- Kentucky will return to action on Sunday, facing St. John’s at 11 a.m. ET at the Bud Metheny Complex.
- Freshman Storm Wilson made his first career start.
- Wilson’s first career RBI came on a two-out, two-RBI single to win the game in the seventh.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida made his team-high 124th consecutive start.
- Reida doubled for the third time in 2014 and 21st time of his career.
- Junior Chandler Shepherd made his 12th career start and his second consecutive weekend start.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino has now reached base safely in 112 of his 121 career games.
- Cousino notched his 35th career double and the third of 2014.
- Cousino now has 48 career multi-hit games.
- Cousino collected his 11th career three-hit game.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett has reached base safely in 40 of 44 career starts.
- Barrett has now reached base safely in a team-high 24 consecutive games.
- Barrett threw out his fourth career baserunner.
- Junior Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 54 of his 60 career games.
- Junior first baseman A.J. Reed collected his 28th career multi-hit game.
- Reed belted his 20th career home run.
- Reed charted his sixth career three-hit game.
- Reed now has eight two-out RBI in 2014 and 43 in his career.
- Reed notched his eighth career three-RBI game.
- Reed doubled for the 20th time in his career and the third in 2014.
- Freshman second baseman Connor Heady doubled for the second time in his career.
- Heady hung his first career sac fly.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom stole his second base of the year.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas set a new career high with two walks.
- Sophomore lefty Ryne Combs picked up the win, his first career decision.
- Combs inherited a runner and left him stranded and has now inherited 11 runner in his career, allowing just four to score.