By Jacob Most --
March 29, 2013
AUSTIN, Texas and PALO ALTO, Calif. and CINCINNATI – Multiple individual Wildcats and a UK relay teams reached event finals, with some of the program’s best all-time performances, on Friday at the Texas Relays.
Kayla Parker ran a personal record time of 13.39 in the 100-meter hurdles preliminary heat to qualify ninth into the Saturday final. Parker’s performance was fourth-best in UK history.
Keith Hayes also ran a season best 110-meter hurdles time of 13.79, while Keilah Tyson reached the 100 meters final in 11.50.
Tyson now owns both the third and fourth fastest times in the program’s annals. Hayes’ time was third-fastest in school history.
The women’s 4x100-meter relay team of Tamyah Pipkin, Parker, Morganne Phillips and Tyson qualified for the 100 meters final with a time of 45.19q.
Chelsea Oswald and Cally Macumber ran two of the four fastest 5,000-meter times in Kentucky track and field history on Friday at the Stanford Invitational.
Oswald smashed her personal-best 5K time by more than 30 seconds with a time of 15:49.57. The time makes Oswald the second-fastest Wildcat in the 5K in school history, behind only three-time 5K national champion Valarie McGovern.
Cally Macumber also ran a PR 5K posting a time of 16:04.24, making her the fourth fastest Wildcat all-time at the distance.
Oswald was the fourth collegiate competitor across the finish line in her heat, in which the top three competitors recorded “A Standard” times for the 2013 IAAF World Championships.
At the Oliver Nikiloff Invitational on the Cincinnati campus Joanne Imbert produced some impressive results in her first collegiate heptathlon. Those results were highlighted by Imbert’s outdoor PR high jump clearance of 1.71 meters/5’07.25”.
Rebecca Famurewa took third in section B of the women's shot put with a top mark of 14.26 meters/46’09.50” competing in the event for the first time outdoors collegiately .
At the Stanford Invitational Robert Scharold highlighted the afternoon session with a 1500-meter PR of 3:49.58.
Keffri Neal smashed his 1500-meter PR placing second in his heat with a time of 3:44.68.
Running the penultimate event of the evening, Anna Bostrom posted the fourth fastest 10K time in UK history crossing the line in 35:26.45.
The Texas Relays, Stanford Invitational and Oliver Nikoloff Invitational will all continue on Saturday. Texas Relays coverage will be available on Longhorn Network, and Stanford Invitational coverage will be available on www.flotrack.org.
Women 4x100-meter relay Prelims
4 Kentucky: 45.19q
1) Pipkin, Tamyah SO 2) Phillips, Morganne FR
3) Parker, Kayla JR 4) Tyson, Keilah SO
Men 4x100-meter relay Prelim
22. Kentucky: 41.61
1) Bagley, Brandon JR 2) Kushimo, Kadeem SO
3) Hayes, Keith SR 4) Boyd, Terence SO
Women 100-meter hurdles Prelim
9. Kayla Parker: 13.39q (+3.9) Heat 9 – PR –
Men 110-meter hurdles Prelim
7. Keith Hayes: 13.79q (+2.0) Heat 4 – Season best –
23. Brandon Bagley: 14.52 (+2.6) Heat 3
Women Shot Put
3. Rebecca Famurewa: 14.26m/46-09.50
13.26m 13.39m 14.26m FOUL FOUL FOUL
Women 100 meters Prelim
9. Keilah Tyson: 11.50q (+2.7) Heat 10
19. Tamyah Pipkin: 11.65 (+2.4) Heat 6 – PR –
67. Julie Nunn: 12.20 (+2.7) Heat 3
Women 4x400-meter relay Prelim
15. Kentucky: 3:40.74 Heat 3
1) Whaley, Angelica SO 2) Phillips, Morganne FR
3) Robinson, Shiara SR 4) Nunn, Julie JR
Men 100 meters
17. Kadeem Kushimo: 10.52 (+2.9)
43. Keith Hayes: 10.68 (+3.5)
5. Raymond Dykstra: 71.68m/235'02" – Season-best –
Men Long Jump
-- Boyd, Terence SO Kentucky FOUL
FOUL FOUL FOUL
Men 1500 Meters Section 6
3. Robbie Scharold: 3:49.58 – PR –
Men 3000-meter steeplechase Heat 1
11. Matt Hillenbrand: 9:16.23
Women 1500 meters Invitational Heat 2:
13. Allison Peare: 4:31.21
Men 1500 meters Invitational Section 3
3. Keffri Neal: 3:44.68 – PR –
Men 5000 meters Heat 3:
11. Adam Kahleifeh: 14:12.84
14. Luis Orta: 14:19.40
Women 5000m Section 1
13. Chelsea Oswald: 15:49.57 – PR –
18. Cally Macumber: 16:04.24 – PR –
Women 10000 meters
21. Anna Bostrom: 35:26.45