Jan. 14, 2009
Got some more notes for those of you still out there:
- Only 50-point effort in NCAA this season.
- Thompson Boling Arena record for points.
- First SEC player to score 50 since Shaquille O'Neal (53).
- First SEC player to score 50 in an SEC game since Chris Jackson (55) versus Ole Miss, Gerald Glass (53) versus LSU and Chris Jackson (50) versus Tennessee, all coming in 1989.
- In the last 38 years, only one SEC player has scored more points in any game. That was Chris Jackson 55 points versus Ole Miss in 1989.
Jodie Meeks is on his way over here for an interview, so we'll have that up before the afternoon gets away from us. Plus, for those of you anxiously waiting out there, we'll have an announcement on Trevard Lindley's decision coming at 3 p.m. Stay tuned.