UK Sweeps SEC Men’s XC Runners of the Week
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky’s Jacob Thomson and Kendall Muhammad swept the cross country weekly awards on the men’s side, the league office announced on Tuesday.
Both are newcomers to UK this year.
Thomson is a sophomore transfer from North Carolina State and a Louisville, Kentucky, product. Muhammad, a 2015 graduate of Dunbar High School (Lexington), has also turned heads in both of the meets his competed in a UK jersey in so far this fall.
Men’s Runner of the Week: Jacob Thomson
• Turned in a solid run to place second overall in an 8K time of 24:19.20 at the Bluegrass Invitational this past Saturday.
• Was UK’s top runner for the second time this year, helping UK to a second-place finish, as runner-up to top-25 team Eastern Kentucky and ahead of Illinois, which is receiving votes in the USTFCCCA poll.
• His time is the fastest 8K in the SEC this season.
Men’s Freshman Runner of the Week: Kendall Muhammad
• Ran an 8K time of 24:29.10 at the Bluegrass Invitational, which is the top freshman 8K in the SEC this season.
• Muhammad finished 10th at the Bluegrass Invitational.
• Helped UK to a second-place team finish, as runner-up to top-25 team Eastern Kentucky and ahead of Illinois, which is receiving votes in the USTFCCCA poll.