UK-EKU Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Eastern Kentucky at Kentucky
Commonwealth Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
Oct. 3, 2015
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 34, Eastern Kentucky 27 (OT)
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 4-1 and Eastern Kentucky is 2-2.
- UK leads the all-time series with EKU, winning all four meetings.
- Kentucky will return to action on Thursday, Oct. 15 vs. Auburn with the game televised live on ESPN, and will be broadcast on the UK Sports Radio Network, with Tom Leach, Jeff Piecoro and Dick Gabriel voicing the action.
- For the first time in the history of Kentucky football – dating back to the first season in 1881 – UK’s first five games were decided by eight points or less.
- It marks the first time since 1998 UK has played five consecutive games decided by eight points or less.
- Kentucky played its ninth all-time overtime game, owning a 3-6 record, including a 3-4 mark at Commonwealth Stadium.
- It marks UK’s first overtime win since a 2007 result vs. No. 1 LSU.
- UK is 4-1 in consecutive seasons, marking a first for UK in consecutive years since 2006-07.
- The Wildcats have converted on 27 consecutive red-zone opportunities, dating back to Oct. 25, 2014 in the Mississippi State game.
- Kentucky had no seniors in the starting offensive lineup tonight, marking the first time – with records available since 1993 – that UK has not had a senior starter on offense.
- UK has forced its opponent into a punt or turnover on downs on its opening possession in all five games in 2015.
- UK has held four consecutive opponents to 27 points or less for the first time since 2010.
- UK had three players record double-figure tackles for the first time since 2014 at Tennessee.
- UK’s game captains were Melvin Lewis, A.J. Stamps, Jordan Swindle and Patrick Towles for the fourth time in five games.
- Senior DT Cory Johnson had a career-high 19 tackles, marking the most for a UK defensive lineman in program history, with records complete back to 1992.
- Johnson had his first QB hurry of the year and the fourth of his career.
- It marks the most tackles for a UK defender since Josh Forrest had 20 tackles at Tennessee in 2014.
- Johnson is the first defensive lineman with double-figure tackles since Bud Dupree had 15 tackles at Tennessee in 2014.
- Johnson has 3.5 tackles for a loss in 2015 and 7.5 in his career.
- Junior QB Patrick Towles made his 17th consecutive start.
- Towles threw for a season-high 329 yards, his fourth career 300-yard passing performance and his first of 2015.
- Towles was 29-for-42 with three TDs and two interceptions.
- Towles is the sixth QB in program history with at least four 300-yard passing games.
- Towles rushed for his team-leading third TD of the year and the ninth of his career.
- Towles has thrown eight TD passes in 2015 and has 23 in his career.
- Towles career has 340 career completions to rank seventh in UK history, passing Babe Parilli (1949-51) and Dusty Bonner (1997, 99).
- Towles has thrown for 4,104 yards in his career, ranking ninth in UK history.
- Towles has 4,394 total yards of offense in his career, passing Pookie Jones (1991-93) for sixth in UK history.
- Towles has at least two passing TDs and a rushing touchdown in consecutive games.
- The last QB with three TD passes and one rushing TD was Mike Hartline (2007-10) vs. Western Kentucky in 2010.
- Senior LB Ryan Flannigan had 11 tackles, the third double-digit tackle performance of his career.
- Flannigan has at least 10 tackles in three of his last four games.
- Senior LB Josh Forrest forced his second career fumble and first of the year.
- Forrest has 2.5 sacks in 2015 and 3.5 in his career.
- Forrest has five pass break-ups on the year and seven in his career.
- Forrest recoded his second double-figure tackle effort of the year, finishing with 10 stops.
- Forrest has seven career double-figure tackle games.
- Sophomore WR Dorian Baker caught his second and third TD passes of the year and has four in his career.
- Baker had a career-high eight catches for 86 yards and two TDs.
- Baker is the first UK receiver with two TDs in a game since Javess Blue (2013-14) vs. UL Monroe in 2014.
- Baker’s eight catches are the most in a game since Ryan Timmons had 10 catches vs. Ohio in 2014.
- Senior Landon Foster punted five times for a 41-yard average.
- Foster has 219 punts in his career for a 42-yard average.
- Foster now has 43 career punts of at least 50 yards.
- Foster has 61 career punts downed inside the 20-yard line.
- Junior RB Jojo Kemp led the team in rushes (14) and yards (46).
- Kemp has 1,051 rushing yards in his career, passing Roger Gann (1967-69) for 30th in UK history.
- Kemp rushed for his second TD of the year and the fifth of his career.
- Freshman kicker Miles Butler played in his first career game.
- Butler connected on three of his first four career point-after attempts, with his last PAT made tying the game at 27-27 late in the fourth quarter.
- Sophomore WR Jeff Badet caught his second TD of the year and the third of his career.
- Badet finished with a season-high equaling four catches for 59 yards.
- Sophomore WR Blake Bone set new career highs in catches (seven) and yards (86).
- Sophomore TB Mikel Horton caught a career-high four passes for 51 yards.
- Senior DE Farrington Huguenin recovered his second career fumble and his first of 2015.
- Huguenin blocked a field goal, marking a first for UK since Cory Johnson blocked an attempt vs. Florida in 2015.
- Junior DE/LB Jason Hatcher broke up his second career pass.
- Freshman CB Chris Westry broke up his third pass of the year.
- Freshman Bryan Kirshe punted for the first time in his career.
- Seniors Landon Foster and Farrington Huguenin played in their team-leading 41st career games.
- Junior center Jon Toth started his team-leading 28th consecutive game.