UK Athletics Teams Up With Coats for a Cause
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The University of Kentucky Athletic Department graduate assistants and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee are teaming up with the Lexington Rescue Mission and the “One Warm Coat” foundation to collect coats for our Lexington community. Coats for a Cause invites area residents to make a difference in their neighbors’ lives by donating coats and dollars.
Coats for a Cause is collecting clean, gently used warm coats. All donations will be given to the Lexington Rescue Mission for distribution to local children and adults in need. The process is simple: drop off your extra coat(s) and Coats for a Cause takes care of the rest!
Want to help spread the warmth throughout the months of October, November and December? Coats for a Cause will have coat collection bins located all around campus. The specific locations include: Commonwealth Stadium Office Lobby, Joe Craft Center/Memorial Coliseum, Shively Training Facility, and the Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex. We would love your donations to be collected at any of these locations October 14 through December 2.
In addition to having bins set out at these locations, Coats for a Cause also has targeted specific dates they will have collection sites set up for UK sporting events. These dates are listed below:
• October 14 Women’s Soccer v. Tennessee (Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex)
• October 15 Men’s Soccer v. Old Dominion (Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex)
• October 16 Volleyball v. Ole Miss (Memorial Coliseum)
• October 18 Men’s Soccer v. Bowling Green (Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex)
• October 21 Volleyball v. South Carolina (Memorial Coliseum)
• October 27 Women’s Soccer v. Georgia (Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex)
• October 30 Men’s Soccer v. Marshall (Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex)
• November 3 Women’s Basketball v. Union (Memorial Coliseum)
• November 6 Volleyball v. Missouri (Memorial Coliseum)
• November 11-13 Women’s Basketball KY Classic (Memorial Coliseum)
• November 17 Women’s Basketball v. New Hampshire (Memorial Coliseum)
• November 18 Volleyball v. LSU (Memorial Coliseum)
• November 20 Volleyball v. Texas A&M (Memorial Coliseum)
• November 20 Men’s Basketball v. Duquesne (Rupp Arena)
• December 3 Men’s Basketball v. UCLA (Rupp Arena)
In addition to coats, the team will also be accepting monetary donations at the above listed men’s basketball games outside Rupp Arena. If you do not have a coat to donate, you can help provide a warmer winter by making a financial donation. You can donate by cash or check during our coat drive. Every dollar helps!
We hope you will support our drive and help us collect coats to warm our local neighbors in need. Thank you for your consideration!