Big Blue Triathlon to Be Held November 27
Nov. 19, 2013
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The holiday season isn’t the only thing in full swing next week, as the UK Athletics schedule is chock full of events on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
Being dubbed as the “Big Blue Triathlon”, fans will have an opportunity to support the women’s basketball team against Bradley at noon ET at Memorial Coliseum. The event continues at 4 p.m. ET at Rupp Arena when the men’s basketball team hosts Eastern Michigan in the final leg of the Keightley Classic. The triathlon concludes at 8 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum where the volleyball team plays host to Florida in the squad’s regular-season finale.
Fans will have an opportunity to register in person prior to the women’s basketball game in Memorial Coliseum. Participants will receive a wristband at each checkpoint.
- Checkpoint #1 – Prior to women’s basketball on the West Concourse
- Checkpoint #2 – Women’s basketball postgame on West Concourse
- Checkpoint #3 – Prior to men’s basketball in Rupp Arena main lobby
- Checkpoint #4 – Men’s basketball postgame in Rupp Arena main lobby
- Checkpoint #5 – Prior to volleyball match on West Concourse
- Finish – Volleyball post match (must have all 5 prior wristbands)
All finishers will receive a commemorative Big Blue Triathlon t-shirt. One grand champion (random drawing) will receive a Nike gift pack and two lower level tickets to the men’s basketball game vs. Louisville, VIP access to ESPN College GameDay on February 15th, two lower level tickets to men’s basketball vs. Florida, and two lower level tickets to men’s basketball vs. Alabama (senior day). The winning “triathlete” will also get to shoot baskets on the Rupp Arena floor prior to one of the games as well as get their picture taken at mid court.
Participants are encouraged to stay hydrated throughout the day. First aid stations are available at each venue. Sign-ups will begin at 11 a.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum on November 27th.