2014 Kentucky Volleyball Coaches Clinic
March 11, 2014
Kentucky Volleyball is one of 13 Division 1 programs that have been to the NCAA tournament in each of the last nine seasons. During the last five years, Kentucky has been to three Sweet 16’s, been ranked in the Top 20 for 60 weeks, and won 116 matches. Our staff will be joined this year by Ping Cao, who has won nine National Championships at the club level for Sports Performance and Texas Advantage Volleyball Clubs. With our staff, Ping Cao, and John Spurlock, our strength coach, we are looking forward to sharing some of the drills and philosophies that we believe can help your program reach the next level.
Please take this opportunity to meet new coaches, ask questions, and challenge yourself as a coach.
2014 COACHES CLINIC SCHEDULE
Friday, April 11th
- 5:00pm - 5:45pm Check-in at Memorial Coliseum
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm Kentucky Volleyball Practice - Craig Skinner & the UK Staff
- 8:30pm Coaches Social
Saturday, April 12th
- 8:00am - 8:30am Coffee & Bagels
- 9:00am Kentucky Blocking: Setting up your Block to Score in Transition - Anders Nelson
- 9:45am Incorporating Fitness into your Season - John Spurlock
- 10:30am Progression to Master Serve Receive - Craig Skinner
- 11:15am Ball Control and Defensive Principles for Every Level - Ping Cao
- 12:00pm Lunch on your own
- 1:00pm Attack Training from the Ground Up - Ping Cao
- 2:00pm Clinic End
- 3:00pm Ohio State vs. Kentucky - 3 out of 5 set match
2014 CLINIC STAFF
- Craig Skinner - Head Coach
- Lindsey Gray-Walton - Assistant Coach
- Anders Nelson - Assistant Coach
- Ping Cao - Olympian, Head Coach at Texas Advantage Volleyball Club
- John Spurlock - UK Director of Strength & Conditioning- Olympic Sports
- Mandy Robbe - Director of Volleyball Operations
Make Checks Payable to: Kentucky Volleyball Coaches Clinic
SKILLED FOR SUCCESS
Kentucky volleyball has joined the ranks of other elite programs as one of 13 programs to advance to each of the last nine NCAA Tournaments. With sustained success which includes Sweet 16 appearances in three of the last five years, serving as a host of the NCAA Tournament six times during Craig Skinner’s tenure and earning national rankings on 60 polls, the Kentucky volleyball Coaches Clinic will offer top-level instruction from the staff of one of the nation’s premier programs. Special guest Ping Cao, a USAV and AAU Club National Champion trainer and coach, will join UK’s staff for instruction. Head UK volleyball strength coach, John Spurlock, will also aide the instruction with off-the-court training and development. The Kentucky staff looks forward to sharing drills and philosophies with you that are sure to bring success to any level of the game. From basics of practice planning to running on court drills, come listen and learn to ensure your team is skilled for success!
For additional information regarding logistics, overnight lodging, and clinic details, call Mandy @ 859-257-2532 or email email@example.com.