2013 Kentucky Gymnastics Camp
Jan. 9, 2013
Mark you calendars –
– for summer gymnastics camp at the University of Kentucky.
At the UK gymnastics camp, we are committed to providing a learning environment that is fun and challenging to the campers. Our qualified staff has many years of experience in competitive level coaching and will provide a safe and productive atmosphere.
Campers will spend the day receiving gymnastics instruction with the evenings filled with activities and entertainment. Each gymnast will have the opportunity to train with top collegiate and elite coaches in the state-of-the-art Nutter Field House Gymnasium.
Tim Garrison Head Coach • Second Season
- Led UK to one of the finest seasons in program history after posting three consecutive scores of 195.875 or higher to finish the season with Kentucky’s best-ever three meet stretch.
- Guided the Wildcats to a final No. 25 ranking with a National Qualifying Score of 390.240 in 2012. The ranking made Garrison the first head coach in school history to take his team to a top-25 final ranking in his first season.
- Produced 10 NCAA All-Americans at Nebraska en route to leading the Cornhuskers to NCAA Tournament every season, including two Super Six appearances and a pair of Big 12 Championships.
- Five-time USA Gymnastics Coach of the Year for Southern California (1999, 2001, 02, 03, 04) while at SCEGA Gymnastics where he produced 27 national champions, 10 Junior Olympic National Team members and four Elite National Team members.
- Personal coach at the 2000 Olympic trials in Boston, Mass., and 2011 World Championships in Ghent, Belgium.
- USA Gymnastics Coach of the Year in 2009 for Nebraska (club).
Chuck Dickerson Assistant Coach • Sixth Season
- The 2002 Texas USA Gymnastics Coach of the Year
- During eight years at Rowland/Ballard Gymnastics in Kingwood, Texas, seven of his athletes received Division-I scholarships and 15 went on to claim national championships
- Spent 10 years working under famed coach Bela Karolyi, coaching three national champions
Mary McDaniel Assistant Coach • Second Season
- 20-plus years of coaching club
- Has coached numerous athletes to USA Gymnastics Western Nationals and level 10 USA Gymnastics Junior Olympic Nationals
- 15 years as a member of the USA Gymnastics Kansas State Administrative Committee