UK Hoops Meets Mississippi Valley State Sunday in Memorial
Nov. 26, 2011
LEXINGTON, Ky. – No. 14/11 Kentucky women’s basketball returns to Memorial Coliseum for its third game in five days when the Wildcats play host to Mississippi Valley State on Sunday, Nov. 27 at 1 p.m. ET. The game will be televised live on the UK IMG Sports Network and Fox Sports South.
|Kentucky vs. Mississippi Valley State
Sun., Nov. 27 - 1:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK
|Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via ESPN3
The Wildcats (6-0) are coming off a 73-52 win over Sam Houston State on Friday night, their 26th consecutive win over a nonconference opponent at home. Senior guard Keyla Snowden (Lexington, Ky.) had one of her best performances of the season with a game-high 19 points after netting four 3-pointers. Sophomore Samantha Drake (Bardstown, Ky.) also had a solid game as she grabbed her second career double-double with 11 points and a career-high tying 13 rebounds in just 14 minutes of action.
Overall this season, Mathies leads four players in double-figure scoring with an average of 15.8 points per game. She also leads the team in steals with 4.8 per game and is second in rebounding with 6.5 boards per game. Sophomore Kastine Evans (Salem, Conn.) follows Mathies in the scoring column with 10.8 ppg, while freshman Bria Goss (Indianapolis) and Snowden follow with 10.5 ppg apiece. Drake is the team’s leading rebounder with 8.3 caroms per game.
As a team, Kentucky leads the Southeastern Conference in five different statistical categories: scoring offense (86.5), steals (18.5), turnover margin (+18.8), offensive rebounds (25.2) and offensive rebound percentage (.498).
Mississippi Valley State, located in Itta Bena, Miss., travels to Lexington after a road contest at Mississippi State on Wednesday. The Devilettes (1-3) fell to the Lady Bulldogs, 64-47.
Fans interested in tickets can visit the Joe Craft Center ticket office, go to UKathletics.com, or call the UK ticket office at 1-800-928-CATS.
Single-game reserved tickets are available at a cost of $7 for all ages. General admission tickets for adults are also $7 while single-game general admission tickets for seniors and children (18 and under, 65 and over) are only $4. Age 5 and under are admitted free.
Season tickets for the entire 18-game home schedule are also still available for $45, except lower-level chair back seating, which are $60 and sold out.
Women's basketball parking is available in the following surface lots and parking structures. Because of the Thanksgiving break, more parking is available in the lots surrounding Memorial Coliseum:
- Student Center Lot - off Euclid Ave
- MLK South Lot - between Lexington Ave and MLK Blvd. and south (towards Euclid) of the center drive lane. Note: The residential (R1) lot in the northern portion of the MLK lot will also be available during the Thanksgiving Break for games on November 23, 25t, and 27 only.
- Handicapped Parking (first come-first served until full) is located in the Northeast corner of the MLK South Lot, must have valid state-issued hang tag.
- Joe Craft Center North E-Lot - large lot located north of the Joe Craft Center, and accessible via Lexington Avenue or Rose St.
- Good Samaritan surface Lot - accessible off MLK Blvd
- Parking Structure #5 - entrances off Limestone and S. Upper
- Doors to the Coliseum will open one (1) hour prior to tip-off.
- UK Athletics encourages women's basketball fans to arrive early to ease traffic and parking congestion around the Coliseum.
- Surface event lots (i.e. Student Center, Hardymon, South MLK, Joe Craft Center North and Good Samaritan Surface Lot) typically reach capacity approximately 45 minutes prior to tip-off, at which point, vehicles should proceed to Parking Structure #5 (PS#5).
- The PS #5 shuttle will begin one hour prior to tip and end one hour post-game. The PS #5 shuttle picks up on Administration Drive, accessible via the sky bridge located on the 3rd Floor of PS#5.