Cats Meet USC Upstate Looking to Continue Win Streak at Home
Nov. 24, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The No. 9/8 Kentucky women’s basketball team looks to continue its winning ways when it plays host to USC Upstate on Sunday, Nov. 25 at 1 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be televised live on the UK IMG Sports Network, Fox Sports South and streamed live on ESPN3.
|Kentucky vs. USC Upstate
Sun., Nov. 25 - 1:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK
: Live video, audio, blog, and stats
TV: FS South/UK IMG
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via ESPN3
The game can be also heard on the UK IMG Sports Radio Network with Neil Price calling the play-by-play. Fans can follow the UK Hoops team on Twitter at @UKHoopCats and use #UKHoops to comment on the game.
Single-game reserved tickets are available at a cost of $9 for all ages. General admission tickets for adults are $8 while single-game general admission tickets for seniors and children (ages 6-18, 65 and over) are only $5. UK students, faculty and staff and children ages five and under are admitted free in the general admission seating area.
Season tickets are also still available for $65. Lower-level chair back seating ($80) is sold out.
The Wildcats are an impressive 51-2 at home over the last three seasons, having won 23 in a row which ranks as the third-longest home winning streak in program history. They also have won 34 straight nonconference games as home, dating back to Dec. 19, 2008.
Sunday will mark just the second meeting between the schools in program history. The Wildcats defeated the Spartans in 2007 in Memorial Coliseum, 74-59.
The Wildcats (3-1) are coming off a 73-37 win over intrastate rival Morehead State on Friday. Four players scored in double figures led by junior Samarie Walker (West Carrollton, Ohio), who was named the Most Valuable Player of the second annual “Terry Hall Memorial Classic.” Senior All-America candidate A’dia Mathies (Louisville, Ky.) followed with 11 points, while sophomores Azia Bishop (Toledo, Ohio) and Bria Goss (Indianapolis) added 10 points each. Kentucky dominated the boards paced by Walker with a season-high 15 caroms. Bishop and junior DeNesha Stallworth (Richmond, Calif.) grabbed 10 rebounds apiece as UK outrebounded the Eagles 63-21. The 63 rebounds were just three shy of the school record. With 11 points, Mathies moved up three spots to No. 8 on UK’s all-time scoring list. She needs 11 more to move up to No. 7 with Sarah Elliott (1,502).
Overall, Mathies, who has scored in double digits in all four games this season, leads the team in scoring with 14.0 points per game. Walker is pulling down a team-high 10.3 rpg which ranks second in the Southeastern Conference.
The USC Upstate Spartans are 2-4 after falling to George Washington on Wednesday at home, 48-37. Senior forward Lauren McRoberts was the only player in double figures with 12. Freshman center Brittany Starling grabbed a team-high nine rebounds. Turnovers plagued the Spartans as they committed 33 compared to GW’s 16.
Senior guard Tee’Ara Copney, who was named to the 2012-13 Preseason All-Atlantic Sun Team, leads the team in scoring with 10.3 ppg.
Spectator parking is located in the following areas:
- All E-lots surrounding Memorial Coliseum beginning 3 hours prior to tip-off
- Parking Structure #5 (adjacent to Kennedy’s Bookstore).
- Lexington Authority Transit Center Parking Garage (new for the 2012-13 season).
- The Lexington Parking Authority Transit Center Parking Garage, located between High Street and Vine Street, is available for parking after 5 p.m. ET during the week and all day on the weekends. Additionally, a free shuttle service will pick up in the LR Cooke Lot near the corner of High Street and Martin Luther King beginning 1.5 hours prior to tip.
- Handicap parking is available in the E-Lot (Employee Lot) north of the Craft Center, adjacent to the metered spaces running along the frontage of the Craft Center with a valid, state issued handicap tag. These spaces (typically 20-30 stalls) are available on a first-come, first-serve basis until full.
Please note: parking is prohibited in any R (Residential) lots. Vehicles parking in Residential lots without a proper permit, along yellow curbs, grass spaces, or other non-specified and unapproved areas may be subject to ticket and/or tow.
- Shuttles are available beginning 1.5 hours prior to tip off from Parking Structure # 5 located off Limestone and Upper Street and the Transit Center Parking Garage located off High Street and Vine Street.
- Parking Structure # 5 (blue route) picks up/drops off on Administration Drive, at the end of the pedestrian sky bridge accessed from the 3rd floor of the parking garage.
- Transit Center Parking Garage (green route) picks up/drops off near the corner of High Street and Martin Luther King.
- Shuttles will start back up 1.5 hours after tip-off (to return guests to their parking areas).
- See the attached shuttle map and route information diagrams for additional information.
Game day Information:
- Doors to the Coliseum will open one (1) hour prior to tip-off.
- UK Athletics encourages women's basketball fans to arrive early to ease traffic and parking congestion around the Coliseum.
Surface event lots (i.e. Student Center, Joe Craft Center North and Good Samaritan Surface Lot) typically reach capacity approximately 45 minutes prior to tip-off, at which point, vehicles should proceed to Parking Structure #5 (PS#5) or the Lexington Authority Transit Center Parking Garage.
For more information on parking around Memorial Coliseum and other game-day questions visit www.ukathletics.com/wbbgameday