UK Hoops Continues Homestand Against Northeastern
Nov. 16, 2011
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The No. 17/13 Kentucky women's basketball team meets Northeastern, of the Colonial Athletic Association, Thursday, Nov. 17 in the second of nine-straight home games for the Wildcats. Game time is 7 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum.
|Kentucky vs. Northeastern
Thurs., Nov. 17 - 7:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | NU
|Radio: UK IMG
Live Video (subscription)
The Wildcats (2-0) look to continue their impressive play from their first two matchups as their combined 196 points scored is the most since the 1990-91 season when UK netted 215.
"We have a quick turnaround for our next game against Northeastern," UK Hoops head coach Matthew Mitchell said. "Playing yesterday and (having) one day in-between games is a challenge for our team, but it will be a good one. We need to try to get better in practice today and continue our development as a defensive-minded team that is always working to put pressure on our opponent, so we will try to work on that today and also get prepared for Northeastern."
Kentucky is coming off a record-breaking performance vs. Jacksonville State on Tuesday. In the 100-25 win, UK set the school record for most turnovers forced (48) and tied the program record for fewest points allowed in a game (25). Five Wildcats scored in double digits led by junior guard A'dia Mathies' (Louisville, Ky.) third career double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Sophomore Bernisha Pinkett (Washington, D.C.) also scored 18 points, while freshman Azia Bishop added 11. Freshman Bria Goss (Indianapolis) and sophomore Maegan Conwright (Arlington, Texas) added 10 points each.
The Wildcats also look to continue their 22-game winning streak at home vs. non-conference opponents, dating back to the 2008-09 season. The Cats own a 341-140 (70.8) mark in Memorial Coliseum, including a 51-12 (80.9) record under Mitchell. The Cats are 31-2 at home over the last two seasons.
The Huskies (0-2) are looking for their first win of the season after falling to Eastern Michigan and Temple.
Thursday marks just the second meeting between the programs in school history. UK defeated Northeastern (76-39) on Dec. 29, 1997 in the championship game of the Citizen's Bank Dartmouth Classic. UK is 10-11 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the Colonial Athletic Association.
Fans interested in tickets can visit the Joe Craft Center ticket office, go to UKathletics.com, or call the UK ticket office at 1-800-928-CATS.
Single-game reserved tickets are available at a cost of $7 for all ages. General admission tickets for adults are also $7 while single-game general admission tickets for seniors and children (18 and under, 65 and over) are only $4. Age 5 and under are admitted free.
Season tickets for the entire 18-game home schedule are also still available for $45, except lower-level chair back seating, which are $60 and sold out.
If not able to attend the game, it can be heard live on the UK IMG Sports Radio Network with Neil Price. Fans can follow the UK Hoops team on Twitter at @UKHoopCats and use #UKHoops to comment on the game. A live video stream is available on the subscription video portion of www.UKathletics.com.
Women's basketball parking is available in the following surface lots and parking structures:
- Student Center Lot - off Euclid Ave
- MLK South Lot - between Lexington Ave and MLK Blvd. and south (towards Euclid) of the center drive lane. DO NOT PARK IN NORTH MLK LOT (closest to Wildcat Lodge) AS THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL LOT AND SUBJECT TO TICKET/TOW
- Handicapped Parking (first come-first served until full) is located in the Northeast corner of the MLK South Lot, must have valid state-issued hang tag
- Joe Craft Center North E-Lot - large lot located north of the Joe Craft Center, and accessible via Lexington Avenue or Rose St.
- Good Samaritan surface Lot - accessible off MLK Blvd
- Parking Structure #5 - entrances off Limestone and S. Upper
- Doors to the Coliseum will open one (1) hour prior to tip-off.
- UK Athletics encourages women's basketball fans to arrive early to ease traffic and parking congestion around the Coliseum.
- Surface event lots (i.e. Student Center, Hardymon, South MLK, Joe Craft Center North and Good Samaritan Surface Lot) typically reach capacity approximately 45 minutes prior to tip-off, at which point, vehicles should proceed to Parking Structure #5 (PS#5).
- The PS #5 shuttle will begin one hour prior to tip and end one hour post-game. The PS #5 shuttle picks up on Administration Drive, accessible via the sky bridge located on the 3rd Floor of PS#5.