UK Hoops Announces TV Schedule
Oct. 13, 2009
LEXINGTON, Ky.— Kentucky women's basketball will play on regional or national television a minimum of 10 times for the 2009-10 season as the Southeastern Conference and Big Blue Sports Network TV schedule has been announced.
The conference package includes two games (Alabama on Jan. 17 and Auburn on Jan. 24) televised on the SEC Network and two games on Fox Sports Net (Georgia on Feb. 11 and at Tennessee on Feb. 25). Games broadcast on FSN include FSN South, FSN Southwest, Sun Sports, and FSN Florida. One road game (at Vanderbilt on Feb. 14) will be broadcast on ESPNU.
BBSN, UK's local network that serves eight over-the-air stations and Fox Sports South on cable, selected five home games to televise (Butler on Nov. 15, Florida A&M on Dec. 13, Louisville on Dec. 20, Vanderbilt on Jan. 10 and Ole Miss on Feb. 4). FSN South, the nation's largest regional sports network, reaches more than 12 million cable and satellite homes in seven states in the Southeast.
In addition to the 10 regular-season games, the entire SEC Tournament in Duluth, Ga., at the Gwinnett Center will be broadcast with the first round and quarterfinals airing on FSN. The semifinals will run on ESPNU while ESPN2 will carry the championship game.
UK Hoops season tickets are available and cost just $45 for 17 exciting home games in Memorial Coliseum. This year's schedule is highlighted by matchups against first-time opponent Boston University in the season opener on Nov. 13 and intrastate rival Louisville on Dec. 20. The Southeastern Conference schedule also features eight home games compared to seven in previous years, as the league has adopted a 16-game slate beginning in the 2009-10 season. Single-game tickets go on sale Monday, Oct. 26.
2009-10 UK Hoops TV Games
- Nov. 15, 2009 – Butler – 1 p.m. ET – BBSN/FSN South
- Dec. 13, 2009 – Florida A&M – 1 p.m. ET – BBSN/FSN
- Dec. 20, 2009 – Louisville – 1 p.m. ET – BBSN/FSN
- Jan. 10, 2010 – Vanderbilt – 1 p.m. ET – BBSN/FSN
- Jan. 17, 2010 – Alabama – 2 p.m. ET – SEC Network
- Jan. 24, 2010 – Auburn – 2 p.m. ET – SEC Network
- Feb. 4, 2010 – Ole Miss – 7 p.m. ET – BBSN/FSN
- Feb. 11, 2010 – Georgia – 7 p.m. ET – FSN
- Feb. 14, 2010 – at Vanderbilt – 6 p.m. – ESPNU
- Feb. 25, 2010 – at Tennessee – 7 p.m. – FSN