UK Hoops Media Guide Tabbed Best in the Nation
April 1, 2009
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Kentucky women's basketball media guide has been judged “Best in the Nation” by the 2008-09 College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Publications Contest. The guide also won “Best Cover” among the 85 entries.
The 204-page publication, which also finished “First in the District”, was written and edited by Associate Media Relations Director Susan Lax and designed by Creative Director Kim Troxall. UK Athletics photographer David Coyle and his staff provided the photos. The UK Hoops' media guide has been judged in the nation's top 10 four consecutive seasons, including “Second in the Nation” in 2006 and 2007.
- University of Kentucky (Susan Lax, Kim Troxall, David Coyle)
- University of Oklahoma (Jared Thompson, Scott Matthews)
- University of Memphis (Tammy DeGroff, Brandon Kolditz)
- University of Kansas (Katy Longergan, Beau White)
- Virginia Tech (Torye Hurst, Allison Jarnagin, David Knachel)
- University of Connecticut (Randy Press)
- Duke University (Lindy Brown, Duke Sports Information)
- St. John's University (Rachel Constantine, Mekale Jackson, Athletic Communications)
- University of Notre Dame (Chris Masters, Cynthia Lemcke)
- . UNLV (Mark Wasik, Paul Palmer)
Best Cover: University of Kentucky (Susan Lax, Kim Troxall, David Coyle)