Kentucky-Wright State Postgame Notes (NCAA)
March 22, 2014
Wright State Notes:
- Wright State finished the season 26-9.
- Today's game ended a six-game win streak, which included a Horizon League Tournament championship.
- Wright State made its first appearance in the NCAA Division I Tournament. The Raiders played in the NCAA Division II Tournament in 1987.
- WSU was led today by senior guard Ivory James, who concluded her career with 16 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior guard Tay'ler Mingo scored 14 points and junior guard Kim Demmings added 12.
- Junior forward Tayler Stanton scored seven points and tied for game-high rebounding honors with 14 boards.
- UK improved to 25-8 overall this season, marking the Wildcats' fifth consecutive 25-win season.
- Kentucky is just one of 10 schools in the country to chart 25-plus wins in five straight seasons.
- Kentucky had seven players score in double figures, led by Jennifer O'Neill's 21 points.
Kentucky and the NCAA
- The Wildcats are 15-10 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
- The win advanced UK to the second round for a school-record fifth straight season.
- UK tied an NCAA record for most rebounds (67) in an NCAA Tournament game. Duke vs. Alabama (4 ot), East 2nd, 3-18-95 also had 67 rebounds.
- UK's 44 made field goals tied for the fourth-most in an NCAA Tournament game.
- Kentucky set school records for most points (106), rebounds (67), field goals made (44), blocked shots (12) and largest margin of victory (+46) in an NCAA Tournament game.
- Samarie Walker's 14 rebounds mark a new school record for rebounds in an NCAA Tournament game.
- DeNesha Stallworth's five blocked shots were a school record for an NCAA Tournament game.