UK Hoops vs. Alabama Game Sold Out
Jan. 26, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Tickets for the Kentucky-Alabama women’s basketball game Sunday, Jan. 29 at 2 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum are sold out. Sunday’s game will be televised live on CSS with Matt Stewart and Joe Ciampi calling the action. The game also will be broadcast on the UK IMG Sports Radio Network with Neil Price.
UK students, faculty and staff will be admitted for free with a valid UK identification card, based upon availability.
This marks the fourth sellout this season, including the second consecutive. UK also sold out the Louisville, Tennessee and Florida games. Kentucky (18-2, 7-0 SEC) currently averages 6,149 fans per game which ranks second in the league and 13th nationally.
Sunday is Alumni Day. UK Hoops will welcome back over 40 alumni who will be in attendance for the game. UK will also recognize the 1981-82 team at halftime. Thirty years ago, this Wildcat squad posted a 24-8 record en route to UK’s first Southeastern Conference championship and first appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
The Wildcats lead the overall series with Alabama 21-15, including an 11-5 advantage when the game is played in Lexington. Kentucky has defeated Alabama in each of its last six meetings, and has not lost to the Crimson Tide since Jan. 9, 2005 when the Crimson Tide topped the Wildcats 69-63.
Women's basketball parking for Sunday’s game is available in the following surface lots and parking structures:
- Student Center Lot - off Euclid Ave
- MLK South Lot - between Lexington Ave and MLK Blvd. and south (towards Euclid) of the center drive lane. DO NOT PARK IN NORTH MLK LOT (closest to Wildcat Lodge) AS THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL LOT AND SUBJECT TO TICKET/TOW
- Handicapped Parking (first come-first served until full) is located in the Northeast corner of the MLK South Lot, must have valid state-issued hang tag
- Joe Craft Center North E-Lot - large lot located north of the Joe Craft Center, and accessible via Lexington Avenue or Rose St.
- Good Samaritan surface Lot - accessible off MLK Blvd
- Parking Structure #5 - entrances off Limestone and S. Upper
Other important notes about Sunday’s game:
- UK Athletics encourages women's basketball fans to arrive early to ease traffic and parking congestion around the Coliseum.
- Doors to the Coliseum will open one (1) hour prior to tip-off.
- Surface event lots (i.e. Student Center, Hardymon, South MLK, Joe Craft Center North and Good Samaritan Surface Lot) typically reach capacity approximately 45 minutes prior to tip-off, at which point, vehicles should proceed to Parking Structure #5 (PS#5).
- The PS #5 shuttle will begin one hour prior to tip and end one hour post-game. The PS #5 shuttle picks up on Administration Drive, accessible via the sky bridge located on the 3rd Floor of PS#5.