UK Hoops vs. Florida Game Sold Out
Jan. 20, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Tickets for the Kentucky-Florida women’s basketball game Sunday, Jan. 22 at 2 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum are sold out. Sunday’s game will be televised live on the SEC Network with Cara Capuano and Abby Waner calling the action. The game also will be broadcast on the UK IMG Sports Radio Network with Neil Price.
UK students, faculty and staff will be admitted for free with a valid UK identification card, based upon availability.
Kentucky (17-2, 6-0 SEC) currently averages 6,015 fans per game which ranks second in the league and 13th nationally.
This marks the second matchup against the Gators (13-6, 3-3) this season. UK traveled to Gainesville, Fla., to open the new year and Southeastern Conference play on Jan. 1. The Cats escaped the Stephen C. O’Connell Center with a 59-56 victory paced by a team-high 14 points from junior A’dia Mathies (Louisville, Ky.). Freshman guard Bria Goss (Indianapolis) also was a key catalyst as she scored 11 points all in the first half and added four rebounds and two steals. Sophomore Samarie Walker (West Carrollton, Ohio) added eight points and seven rebounds in her first SEC contest.
The overall series with UF is tied at 22 apiece but UK leads 11-9 when the game is played in Lexington. UK has won three consecutive games against the Gators.
Women's basketball parking for Sunday’s game is available in the following surface lots and parking structures:
- Student Center Lot - off Euclid Ave
- MLK South Lot - between Lexington Ave and MLK Blvd. and south (towards Euclid) of the center drive lane. DO NOT PARK IN NORTH MLK LOT (closest to Wildcat Lodge) AS THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL LOT AND SUBJECT TO TICKET/TOW
- Handicapped Parking (first come-first served until full) is located in the Northeast corner of the MLK South Lot, must have valid state-issued hang tag
- Joe Craft Center North E-Lot - large lot located north of the Joe Craft Center, and accessible via Lexington Avenue or Rose St.
- Good Samaritan surface Lot - accessible off MLK Blvd
- Parking Structure #5 - entrances off Limestone and S. Upper
Other important notes about Sunday’s game:
- UK Athletics encourages women's basketball fans to arrive early to ease traffic and parking congestion around the Coliseum.
- Doors to the Coliseum will open one (1) hour prior to tip-off.
- Surface event lots (i.e. Student Center, Hardymon, South MLK, Joe Craft Center North and Good Samaritan Surface Lot) typically reach capacity approximately 45 minutes prior to tip-off, at which point, vehicles should proceed to Parking Structure #5 (PS#5).
- The PS #5 shuttle will begin one hour prior to tip and end one hour post-game. The PS #5 shuttle picks up on Administration Drive, accessible via the sky bridge located on the 3rd Floor of PS#5.