Kentucky-UT-Martin Postgame Notes
Dec. 30, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 11-1 while Middle Tennessee State falls to 7-7.
- UK is 5-0 all-time against UT-Martin, including a 3-0 lead in Lexington.
- With the win, Matthew Mitchell improves his overall record to 102-70 and 72-41 at UK.
- UK increased its home winning streak to 25, including 21 in a row against nonconference opponents. The home winning streak is the school’s second-longest and ranks eighth nationally.
- The Cats are now 334-139 (70.6) all-time in Memorial Coliseum, including 44-10 (81.5) under Coach Matthew Mitchell.
- Kentucky is 81-16 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the Ohio Valley Conference, including a 4-0 mark this season after wins over Morehead State (82-48), Murray State (91-59) and Tennessee Tech (77-53).
- The Cats have won 27 straight games against OVC opponents.
- Up next: UK Hoops begins a two-game road trip at unbeaten and No. 3 Duke on Tuesday, Jan. 4, at 7 p.m. EST and at undefeated and 25th-ranked Arkansas on Thursday, Jan. 6 its SEC opener.
- Tuesday’s game marks UK’s first in Cameron Indoor Stadium. The game will be televised live on ESPNU and broadcast live on the Big Blue Sports Radio Network with Neil Price.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, A'dia Mathies, Keyla Snowden, Samantha Drake and Jennifer O’Neill, marking only the second time this season the Cats have started the same lineup in consecutive games.
- UK has used eight different starting lineups in 12 games.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 81 of 113 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 49 consecutive.
- Tied at 8-7 with 17:38 to play in the first half the Cats went on a 9-0 run holding UT-Martin without a field goal for 7:33 until Heather Butler connected on a jumper at 9:55.
- UK built its largest lead of the first half at 29-17 but the Skyhawks put together a 6-2 run to close out the half down eight, 31-23.
- UK is 11-0 when leading or tied at the half this season and Matthew Mitchell improves to 61-8 when leading at the half at UK.
- UK forced UTM into 23 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 60 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- With 10 steals, Kentucky has now recorded double-digit steals in 18 of its last 21 games.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior guard Keyla Snowden led the Wildcats in scoring for the third consecutive game, totaling 17 points after netting 5-of-8 three-pointers.
- Holds the school record for consecutive games with a three pointer at 22.
- Has hit four or more threes in five games this season including four of the last five.
- Totaled 20-of-35 three-point field goals during the last four games.
- Freshman center Samantha Drake recorded her first career double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
- Scored a career-high 14 points on 3-of-8 shooting and went 8-of-12 from the free-throw line. Her previous high was 13 points at Miami (OH), Nov. 14 and six rebounds twice.
- More than doubled her previous career high of six rebounds, with a career-high 13 rebounds, including eight offensive boards.
- Sophomore guard A'dia Mathies scored 10 points, her ninth straight game with double figures.
- Has scored in double-figures 37 times in 48 career games.
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap scored seven points while adding seven rebounds, two steals and one assist.
- Left the game with a knee injury with 9:48 left in the game after colliding with teammate Crystal Riley and did not return.