Kentucky-IUPUI Postgame Notes
Dec. 30, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improves to 8-5 while IUPUI falls to 6-6.
- This was the third overall matchup between Kentucky and IUPUI. UK leads the series 3-0 with all three games being played in Lexington.
- Kentucky is now 568-436 in 35 years of varsity women’s basketball.
- The Cats own a 305-134 (69.4%) mark in Memorial Coliseum. Matthew Mitchell improves to 15-6 all-time in the Coliseum, 6-2 this season.
- UK’s 82 points mark the second-most points scored by the Wildcats this season. UK defeated Yale, 87-82, earlier this season.
- Kentucky improves to 249-19 (since 1974) when scoring 80 points or more. UK is now 2-0 when scoring over 80 points this season.
- The Wildcats remain at home to kick off 2009 vs. North Carolina A&T on Jan. 1 at 7 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap improves to 4-2 this season.
- Key run: With the game knotted at 21, the Wildcats went on a 21-4 run to end the half 42-25, and hold on for the victory over the Jaguars.
- Every Wildcat who played scored at least five points.
- Five players scored in double digits (Roddy - 15, Franklin - 12, Edelen - 14, Morrow - 11 and Dunlap - 10) for the first time since Nov. 25, 2006 vs. Southern Illinois.
- Three or more Wildcats scored in double-digits for the third consecutive game – (Roddy - 15 , Franklin - 12, Edelen - 14, Morrow - 11 and Dunlap - 10). The last time this happened was vs. UC Santa Barbara on Dec. 21 Roddy (17), Dunlap (15), and Franklin (14).
- The Wildcats shot a season high-tying 46.7 percent (7-15) from the perimeter, led by sophomore Carly Morrow’s three treys.
- UK hit 71.4 percent from behind the arc in the first half, hitting 5-of-7 its attempts. The Wildcats also shot well in the first half vs. UC Santa Barbara, hitting 63.6 percent from the three-point line (7-of-11).
- For the fourth time this season, UK tied its season high with seven three pointers in the game. The Cats also hit seven treys vs. Furman, Cincinnati and UC Santa Barbara.
- The Wildcats had two players earn double-doubles: Eleia Roddy (15 pts/ 10 rbs) and Amani Franklin (12 pts/13 rbs). The last time two players who recorded a double-double in the same game was Victoria Dunlap (20 pts/ 10 rbs) and Franklin (16 pts/10 rbs) vs. William and Mary on Dec. 4, 2007.
- The Wildcats hit 16-of-32 for a season-high 42 points in the first half.
- The Cats out-rebounded the Jaguars, 51-32. UK has either tied or won the rebounding in all but one game (Long Island) this season and eight in a row.
- UK shot 42.0 percent for the game. It was the fourth-straight game the Cats have shot 40 percent or better from the floor.
- Kentucky held the Jaguars to 39.3 percent (24-61) shooting. The Cats have held all 13 of their opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season.
- The Cats swiped 13 steals in the game, marking the second-highest steal total this season. UK charted 14 in its last game vs. UC Santa Barbara.
- UK scored a season-high 29 points off 18 IUPUI miscues.
- The Cats’ 15 assists are a season high. The previous high was 12 vs. Furman and Yale.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior center Eleia Roddy grabbed her 10th career, sixth season and fifth consecutive double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
- Roddy also posted double-doubles vs. UC Santa Barbara (14 pts/10 rbs), Alabama A&M (17 pts/12 rbs), ETSU (13 pts/11 rbs) 12-12-08 and Louisville (13 pts/15 rbs) 12-14-08.
- Roddy is just the fourth player in school history to chart four or more consecutive double-doubles in a season.
- Roddy’s five-straight double-doubles are the most since Valerie Still recorded seven in during her 1981-82 season.
- Roddy also tallied a season-high two assists and career-high three steals.
- Junior forward Brittany Edelen played a career-high 26 minutes while earning a career-high 14 points and career high-tying two blocks and two steals. She scored 10 of her 14 points in the first half.
- Junior guard Amani Franklin earned her third career and first double-double of the season with 12 points and a career-high 13 rebounds. She also tied her career-high offensive and defensive rebounds with four and nine, respectively. Franklin also dished out a season high-tying three assists.
- Sophomore guard Carly Morrow charted a career-high three steals. She also tied her career high in three-pointers made with three. She also netted three treys four other times.
- Sophomore forward Victoria Dunlap followed with 10 points. She was just two rebounds shy of a double-double with eight rebounds.
- She dished out a career-high four assists.
- Senior forward Jenn'e Jackson scored a season-high six points, hitting 3-of-3 from the floor.