Kentucky-UT Martin Postgame Notes
Dec. 22, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 11-0 with the win, while UT Martin slips to 1-8, 0-2 OVC.
- With the victory, Kentucky ties the school record for consecutive wins in a season with 11. The 1983 team also won 11-straight games. The current streak also builds on the school record for wins to start a season. The previous mark was 9-0 set by the 1980-81 squad.
- Kentucky's nine-game home win streak dating back to last season is the eighth-longest in school history.
- Kentucky has won 17 of its last 18 games against non-conference opponents.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell's career mark improves to 74-61, including a 44-32 record at Kentucky. Mitchell is 4-2 all-time against UT Martin.
- Kentucky improves to 4-0 in the UT Martin series, including a 2-0 mark in Lexington. The Wildcats are now 78-16 all-time against teams from the Ohio Valley Conference.
- UK owns a 586-447 all-time record in 36 years of varsity women's basketball, including a 318-138 mark at storied Memorial Coliseum.
- Up next: Kentucky travels to Murfreesboro, Tenn., to take on Middle Tennessee on Monday, Dec. 28. Tip off at the Murphy Center is set for 8 p.m. EST.
Team Game Notes
- Key Run: Kentucky never trailed against UT Martin and sprinted away from the Skyhawks with a 24-4 run that spanned nearly nine minutes for a 30-9 lead. Keyla Snowden hit two three-pointers and scored eight points while A'dia Mathies added five points and Victoria Dunlap and Amani Franklin chipped in four each. The Wildcat defense held UTM without a point for more than five minutes during the run.
- Kentucky led UT Martin 45-19 at intermission. It marked the fifth consecutive game and the seventh time in 11 contests that UK has posted 40 or more points in the first half.
- It marked the first time since March 2, 2008 vs. South Carolina (19) that the Cats have held an opponent to under 20 points at the half.
- UK has defeated its opponent by 30 or more points six times this season, including each of its last three foes.
- UK outscored the Skyhawks 32-4 in points in the paint and the Wildcat bench outscored UTM's bench 36-2.
- The Wildcats turned 30 UT Martin turnovers into 48 points. UK has forced its last two opponents into a combined 68 turnovers after causing Louisville to record a school-record 38 miscues on Dec. 20. Kentucky has frustrated its foes into 25 or more turnovers in eight of 11 games this season.
- After 18 steals tonight, Kentucky has recorded double-digit steal totals in each of the last seven games and eight times this season.
- The Wildcat defense limited UT Martin to a UK-opponent season-low 14 made field goals.
- The Wildcats are 258-19 since 1974 when scoring 80 points or more. UK is 12-1 under Coach Mitchell when scoring 80 points or more. UK has scored at least 65 points in every game this season.
- Kentucky hit 10 three-pointers against UT Martin and has now hit at least one three-pointer in 196 consecutive games, dating back to 2003-04.
- UK has not trailed in a game since the 4:22 mark of the second half at Cincinnati, a span of more than three games (124 minutes and 22 seconds of action).
- Victoria Dunlap, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin, Carly Morrow, and A'dia Mathies started Tuesday's game for head coach Matthew Mitchell. It marked the 10 th time in 11 games the group took the floor first for the Wildcats.
Individual Game Notes
- Five Wildcats reached double figures in scoring, led by Keyla Snowden's career-high 25 points. It marked the second time this season five players reached double figures in a game (Miami [Ohio] 12/1/09).
- Snowden's career-best 25-point effort included a career-best six three-pointers on nine attempts. Her five triples in the first half tied a UK record for the most three-pointers in a half. Snowden finished the game shooting 8-of-13 from the field. It marked the first 20-point game of her career.
- Victoria Dunlap scored 14 points on 7-of-12 shooting from the field to go with seven steals, six rebounds and three blocks.
- Dunlap entered the game ranked sixth nationally with 3.2 steals per game. She has recorded at least one steal in 16 consecutive games. She has swiped three or more steals in each of her last six games.
- She has scored in double figures in 17 consecutive games.
- Carly Morrow netted 11 points behind a trio of three-pointers. Morrow has scored in double figures seven times this season, including the last five games. She has made at least one three-pointer in nine consecutive games.
- A'dia Mathies and Amani Franklin added 10 points each. Franklin shot 4-of-8 from the field to go with a team-high eight rebounds. Mathies made 4-of-9 field goal attempts to go with five rebounds and four steals. She has swiped four or more steals in four of the last five games.
- Brittany Henderson made her first career three-pointer.
- Anna Cole played a career-high eight minutes and recorded two rebounds and a free throw.