Kentucky-Arkansas Pine-Bluff Postgame Notes
Dec. 21, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 9-1 while Arkansas Pine-Bluff remains winless at 0-8.
- With the win, Matthew Mitchell reaches 100 career wins. He is now 100-70 overall, 70-41 at UK.
- The Cats are 2-0 all-time against Arkansas Pine-Bluff and 8-0 all-time against teams from the Southwest Athletic Conference.
- UK increased its home winning streak to 23, including 19 in a row against nonconference opponents. The home winning streak is the school’s second-longest and ranks eighth nationally.
- The Cats are now 332-139 (70.5) all-time in Memorial Coliseum, including 42-10 (80.7) under Coach Matthew Mitchell.
- Up next: Following a short holiday break, the Cats will play host to Middle Tennessee State on Wednesday, Dec. 29, at 6 p.m. EST. The game will be televised live on the Big Blue Sports Network and FSN South and broadcast live on the Big Blue Sports Radio Network with Neil Price.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started its seventh different lineup in 10 games - Victoria Dunlap, A'dia Mathies, Jennifer O’Neill, Brittany Henderson and Carly Morrow. Freshman Jennifer O’Neill earned her first career start.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 79 of 111 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 47consecutive.
- UK’s 35-point halftime lead (42-17) was the second-largest halftime lead in school history. Freshman Bernisha Pinkett came off the bench to lead UK with 11 points.
- UK’s 52 points were the most first-half points since scoring 57 against Miami (OH) on Dec. 1, 2009.
- UK held UAPB to just 17 points in the first half, the first time UK has held an opponent to under 20 points since holding UT-Martin to 19 on Dec. 22, 2009.
- Matthew Mitchell is now 59-8 when leading at the half.
- UK held UAPB without a field goal during a 9:39 span that began at the 13:16 mark and ended at 3:37. During the run the Cats extended its lead from a 12-point margin to 32.
- The 72-point margin (107-35) is the third-largest margin of victory in UK history.
- Kentucky forced a season-high 41 turnovers, the most since UK swiped 40 against Mississippi Valley State on Jan. 1, 2010. It was two turnovers shy of the school-record 43 set against Winthrop on Jan. 3, 2000.
- The Cats improved to 18-0 when forcing 25 or more turnovers since the beginning of the 2009-10 season.
- UK has forced its opponent into double-digit miscues in 58 consecutives, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- UK scored a season-high 49 points off 41 UAPB turnovers.
- With a season-high 16 steals, Kentucky has now recorded double-digit steals in 16 of its last 19 games. It’s the most steals since recording 16 vs. Liberty on March 20, 2010 in the NCAA Tournament. It’s the most steals in a regular-season game since snatching 20 vs. Mississippi Valley State on Jan. 1, 2010.
- UK broke the century mark for the first time since scoring 101 points against Louisville, Dec. 20, 2009. The Cats are now a perfect 35-0 when scoring 100-plus points.
- The Wildcats improved to 268-19 all-time when scoring 80 points or more. UK is now 22-1 under Coach Mitchell when scoring 80 points or more.
- All 10 available Wildcats scored, including four in double-figures.
- UK hit a season-high 10 three-pointers and extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 233, dating back to the 2003-04 season. It was the most three-pointers in a game for Kentucky since hitting 12 vs. Miami (Ohio) on Dec. 1, 2009.
- Kentucky dished out a season-high 22 assists led by Crystal Riley with a season-high seven. It was the most assists since UK also dished out 22 vs. Miami (Ohio) on Dec. 1, 2009.
- UK won the rebounding battle 51-32 and improves to 7-1 this season when outrebounding the opponent.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior Keyla Snowden totaled a career-high 28 points, netting six three-point field goals in 12 attempts. Her previous career high of 25 was set Dec. 22, 2009 vs. UT-Martin.
- Tied the school record for consecutive games with a three pointer at 20. Sara Potts also hit 20 from Jan. 6, 2004-Nov. 26, 2004.
- Her six three-pointers were a season high and tied her career best. She also hit six threes against UT-Martin on Dec. 22, 2009.
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap scored 11 points while adding six rebounds.
- Moved into 10th place on UK’s career scoring list with 1,452 points, passing Tiffany Wait (1,445 points from 1995-2000).
- With 902 rebounds, became just the third player in UK Hoops history to chart 900 or more career rebounds.
- Fifth consecutive game with double-figure points.
- Sophomore guard A'dia Mathies scored 16 points, her seventh straight game with double figures.
- Has scored in double-figures 35 times in 46 career games.
- Freshman Maegan Conwright did not play due to a one-game suspension for violation of team rules
- Freshman Sarah Beth Barnette did not see action due to a left knee injury suffered in practice on Monday.