Kentucky-Pepperdine Postgame Notes
Dec. 19, 2012
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 9-1, while Pepperdine falls to 3-6.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 665-472 (.585).
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (123-57) and first in winning percentage (.683).
- UK is now 59-19 (.756) in regular season, nonconference games under head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- UK returns to the floor on Friday, Dec. 21 at UC Santa Barbara at 3 p.m. PST/6 p.m. ETS in Santa Barbara, Calif.
- UK is now 2-0 all-time against Pepperdine.
- The only other meeting took place back on Jan. 2, 1991 when the Cats defeated the Waves, 73-64.
- Kentucky is 2-1 all-time against teams from the West Coast Conference.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the fourth straight game. The Cats are now 6-0 with that lineup.
- Goss scored the first basket of the game with a triple at the 19:39 mark.
- Azia Bishop, Kastine Evans, Brittany Henderson, Bernisha Pinkett and Janee Thompson were the first subs of the game for UK.
- UK is now 42-2 when scoring 80 or more points under Mitchell.
- Kentucky darted out to an 11-0 lead in the first 3:53 seconds of the contest.
- Pepperdine ended the first half scoring 10 of its final 12 points from the charity stripe.
- UK began the second half on an 8-0 run to extend its lead to 45-33 with 17:03 remaining.
- UK just missed on setting a new season high for second half shooting, hitting 58.3 percent (16-of-27) from the field. The season high is 59.4 percent vs. Miami Ohio.
- Four Wildcats reached double-figures for the fifth time this season.
- UK won the turnover battle 22-14 and is 102-27 under Mitchell when committing fewer turnovers than its opponent.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 302.
- Kentucky has forced double-digit miscues in 127 consecutive games. The Cats are 94-33 during that span.
- UK has forced 20-plus turnovers in all 10 games this season and in 39 of its last 45 games, dating back to the start of last season.
- Junior DeNesha Stallworth led the Wildcats in scoring and tied a season high with 17 points, including 13 points in the second half.
- She reached double figures for the seventh straight game and eighth time this year.
- Sophomore Bria Goss recorded a season-high 16 points on 5-of-11 shooting from the field, including 5-of-5 from the charity stripe.
- Goss reached double-figures for the sixth time this season.
- Grabbed a game- and season-high four steals.
- Senior A'dia Mathies reached double digits for the eighth time this season with 13 points, passing Sara Potts (2001-05) for No. 6 on the school's UK's all-time scoring list (1,565).
- With one steal, she tied Patty Jo Hedges (1979-83) at No. 4 on UK's all-time steals chart with 272.
- Mathies' four made field goals moved her into the top-10 all-time in career field goals made with 552.
- She moved up to No. 7 on the career field goal attempts chart with 1,320, passing Jodie Whitaker (1985-89)
- Mathies has now attempted 358 career 3-pointers, passing Samantha Mahoney (2005-08) for No. 7 all-time.
- Senior Brittany Henderson garnered a season-high five rebounds.
- Junior Samarie Walker chipped in 10 points to reach double figures for the fourth time this season.