Kentucky-Alabama A&M Postgame Notes
Dec. 19, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improves to 6-5 while Alabama A&M falls to 2-6.
- This was the first meeting between the Wildcats and Bulldogs.
- UK is now 5-0 all-time against teams from the Bulldogs' Southwest Athletic Conference.
- Kentucky is now 566-436 in 35 years of varsity women's basketball.
- The Cats own a 303-134 (69.3%) mark in Memorial Coliseum. Matthew Mitchell is 13-6 all-time in the Coliseum.
- The Wildcats remain at home for a contest Sunday, Dec. 21 against first-time opponent UC-Santa Barbara at 2 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap improves to 2-2 this season.
- Key run: The Wildcats made a steady climb to end the first half ahead 40-27. The Cats never trailed and Eleia Roddy led all scorers with 11 points in the opening stanza.
- The Cats out-rebounded the Bulldogs 48-35. UK has either tied or won the rebounding in all but one game (Long Island) this season.
- Three Wildcats scored in double-digits - Roddy (17), Dunlap (15), and Franklin (14).
- Kentucky held the Bulldogs to 25.0 percent (15-of-60) shooting. This was the third time the Cats have held an opponent to under 30 percent shooting this season. The last time was 26.0 percent by Furman on Dec. 6, 2008.
- The Cats have held all 11 of their opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or under this season.
- Kentucky out-scored the Bulldogs inside the paint, 32-16, and 24-6 in second-chance points.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior center Eleia Roddy grabbed her eighth career, fourth season and third consecutive double-double with a career high-tying 17 points and 12 rebounds. Roddy also had a career high-tying three blocks along with one assist and one steal. She was 9-for-10 at the free throw line.
- Previously, Roddy grabbed double-doubles vs. ETSU (13 pts/11 rbs) 12-12-08 and Louisville (13 pts/15 rbs) 12-14-08.
- The last Wildcat to record three consecutive double-doubles was teammate Victoria Dunlap last season vs. James Madison, 3-26-08 (12 pts/12 rbs), Marquette 3-30-08 (14 pts/10 rbs) in 2007-08, and vs. Michigan, 11-15-08 (19 pts/10 rbs) in the season opener of the 2008-09 season.
- Sophomore guard Carly Morrow earned her third career start while grabbing a career-high seven rebounds. She added nine points.
- Junior guard Amani Franklin added 14 points and pulled down five rebounds. She also tallied two assists and was 2-for-4 from the perimeter.
- Sophomore forward Victoria Dunlap was 5-for-5 at the charity stripe. She also grabbed six rebounds and contributed 15 points. Dunlap also provided a season high-tying two assists.
- Junior Brittany Edelen had a career-high two blocks and one steal with four rebounds.
- Senior point guard Carly Ormerod did not see action for the fifth-straight game due to soreness in her left foot. Ormerod, who missed 16 games last season with the same injury, has sesamoiditis and turf toe in her left foot. She also did not play against Louisville, ETSU, WKU or Furman.