Kentucky-Alabama A&M Postgame Notes
Dec. 18, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 8-1 while Alabama A&M falls to 4-4 this season.
- The Wildcats own a 2-0 advantage in the all-time series, winning its only previous matchup 65-45 at home in 2008.
- Kentucky is now 7-0 all-time against teams from the Southwest Athletic Conference (SWAC).
- UK owns a 22-game home winning streak and has won 18 in a row against nonconference opponents. The home winning streak is the school’s second-longest and ranks eighth nationally.
- The Cats are 331-139 (70.5) all-time in Memorial Coliseum and hold a 41-10 (80.4) record under Coach Matthew Mitchell.
- Matthew Mitchell improves to 99-70 overall, 69-41 at Kentucky.
- Up next: In a quick turnaround, the Cats will play host to Arkansas – Pine Bluff on Tuesday, Dec. 21, at 7 p.m. EST. The game will be broadcast by Big Blue Sports Radio and is available online at UKathletics.com.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, Maegan Conwright, A'dia Mathies, Brittany Henderson and Carly Morrow for the first time this season. This is the seventh different lineup in nine games.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 78 of 110 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 46 consecutive.
- The Cats raced out to a 29-6 advantage that included two lengthy runs of 14-0 and 10-0 spanning just under 10 minutes to build its largest lead of the half.
- UK took a 42-20 lead at the half led by Conwright with 10 points.
- Matthew Mitchell is now 58-8 when leading at the half.
- Kentucky forced 31 Alabama A&M turnovers, marking the 57th consecutive game UK has forced its opponent into double-digit turnovers, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- UK has forced 20 or more turnovers 33 times since the beginning of the 2009-10 season, including seven of nine games this season.
- The Cats improve to 17-0 when forcing 25 or more turnovers during that span.
- UK scored 36 points off turnovers, which is the third-highest total of the season.
- With 16 steals, Kentucky has now recorded double-digit steals in 15 of its last 18 games.
- The Wildcats improved its record to 267-19 all-time when scoring 80 points or more. UK is now 21-1 under Coach Mitchell when scoring 80 points or more.
- Eight Wildcats put points on the board, including four in double-figures.
- UK hit a season-high tying eight three-pointers and extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 232, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- UK won the rebounding battle 42-35 and improves to 6-1 when outrebounding the opponent.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap scored 22 points on 7-of-19 shooting from the field and 8-of-9 from the free-throw line while adding five rebounds.
- Moved into 11th place on UK’s career scoring list with 1,441 points, passing Jodie Whitaker (1,433 points from 1985-89).
- Has scored 20 or more points 24 times in her career, including four this season.
- Is just four rebounds shy of becoming just the third player in UK Hoops history to chart 900 or more career rebounds.
- Sophomore guard A’dia Mathies scored 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting while going 3-of-5 from the free-throw line. She added five rebounds, four assists and three steals.
- Scored in double-figures for the sixth consecutive game and eighth time this season.
- Has scored in double-figures 34 times in 45 career games.
- Junior Keyla Snowden totaled 15 points, netting 5-for-8 from behind the three-point line. She has made at least one three-pointer in 19 consecutive games, dating back to last season.
- Her five three-pointers tied a season high. She also hit five vs. Notre Dame.
- Sophomore Brittany Henderson scored a career-high 11 points on 3-of-6 shooting from the field and went 5-of-6 from the free-throw line.
- Posted a game-high six rebounds and added four steals.