Kentucky-ETSU Postgame Notes
Dec. 15, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 11-0 on the season, tying the school record for the best start to a season.
- It marks the second 11-0 start in school history and in the Matthew Mitchell era. UK also started 11-0 in 2009-10.
- The Wildcats' extended their winning streak to 11 games, tying the second-longest streak in school history.
- The win makes UK 378-141 all-time in Memorial Coliseum, including an 88-13 mark under Mitchell.
- The Cats are 69-3 at home over the last five seasons (including two games at Rupp Arena).
- Kentucky's all-time record is 697-477 (.594) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 155-62 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 185-91 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK's all-time wins list with 155 and winning percentage (.714).
- UK is 2-1 all-time vs. ETSU and 19-5 vs. opponents from the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- The Wildcats have now won 21 straight regular season nonconference games.
- The Wildcats extended their home-court winning streak to eight games.
- Kentucky has now won 44 straight regular season games vs. nonconference opponents at home.
- Today's attendance was 5,431.
- Next up: UK returns to the court next Sunday, Dec. 22 for the Wildcats' "Pack the House" game vs. No. 2 Duke in Rupp Arena at 3 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on the UK IMG TV Network and FSN.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Bria Goss, Kastine Evans, Azia Bishop and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 2-0 this season when using this starting lineup.
- Janee Thompson scored the first points of the game for UK with a pair of free throws.
- Jelleah Sidney was the first UK player off the bench at the 16:52 mark in the first half.
- UK was 20-for-38 (52.6 percent) from the field, while ETSU shot just 37.9 percent (11-of-29).
- Kentucky was 2-of-5 (40 percent) from beyond the arc, while ETSU was 3-of-10 (30 percent).
- UK outscored the Buccaneers in the paint (34-14), points off turnovers (16-3) and bench scoring (24-4).
- The Wildcats led by as many as 22 points.
- Linnae Harper led all Wildcats with 10 points on an efficient 5-of-6 shooting from the field.
- Five players scored six or more points in the half.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five who started the game.
- The Wildcats led by as many as 21 points in the second half.
- Kentucky's 24 second half points were a season low.
- UK shot just 32 percent (8-of-25) from the field in the half, which was a season low.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 339 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats shot 45.3 percent (29-of-64) from the field, while the Buccaneers shot 36.5 percent (19-of-52).
- The Wildcats shot a season-low 44.8 (13-of-29) from the free-throw line.
- UK was just 2-of-9 (22.2 percent) from beyond the arc, which were all season lows.
- All 10 Wildcats in uniform played 10 or more minutes in the game.
- Nine of the 10 Wildcats scored four or more points.
- Three Wildcats finished in double figures.
- Kentucky forced 25 ETSU turnovers, with 15 steals.
- The Wildcats outrebounded ETSU, 47-32. The Wildcats have outrebounded nine of their 11 opponents this season.
- Six Wildcats grabbed four or more boards in the contest.
- Kentucky dished a season-low eight assists.
- The Wildcats outscored the Buccaneers in the paint (44-24), off turnovers (27-7) and bench scoring (32-9).
- Freshman Linnae Harper finished 10 points, marking her second straight game in double digits.
- Played a career-high 19 minutes.
- Tied a career high with two steals.
- Senior Samarie Walker scored 12 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the field.
- Has now reached double figures in seven games this season.
- Sophomore Janee Thompson recorded her seventh double-digit scoring output of the season with 12 points.
- Had a game-high four steals, marking her third game this season with three-plus steals.
- Junior Jelleah Sidney grabbed a team and career-high nine rebounds.
- Her eight field goal attempts were a career high.
- Her three blocked shots were a career best.
- Senior Kastine Evans tied a season high with three offensive rebounds.