Kentucky-ETSU Postgame Notes
Dec. 12, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK falls to 5-4 while ETSU improves to 2-5.
- This was the second meeting against East Tennessee State. UK is now 8-2 all-time against teams from the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- The Wildcats travel to Louisville, Ky., to take on the 12 th -ranked Louisville Cardinals on Sunday, Dec. 14 at 2 p.m. in Freedom Hall.
Team Game Notes
- Key run: UK trailed by two points, 51-49, with 4:03 remaining in the game when ETSU's Tara Davis and TaRoonda Wiles hit back-to-back jumpers in an 8-1 run in the final minutes. ETSU went on to secure a 59-50 win.
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap is 1-1 this season.
- UK outscored ETSU 32-24 in points in the paint and 16-10 in second chance points
- The Cats outrebounded the Lady Bucs 51-44. UK has either tied or won the rebounding in all but one game (Michigan) this season.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior center Eleia Roddy poster her sixth career and second season double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow earned her second career start. She charted seven points and grabbed a career-high two offensive rebounds and two steals.
- Senior Jenn'e Jackson tallied a career-high seven rebounds and a season-tying four points.
- Sophomore Catina Bett pulled down a career-high eight rebounds in 12 minutes.
- Senior point guard Carly Ormerod did not see action for the third-straight game due to soreness in her left foot. Ormerod, who missed 16 games last season with the same injury, has sesamoiditis and turf toe in her left foot. She also did not play against WKU or Furman.
- Junior Lydia Watkins also sat out during Kentucky's game tonight and against Furman to rest a stress reaction in her leg.